Author Topic: Yet more grumpiness  (Read 42199 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Yet more grumpiness
« Reply #120 on: December 17, 2005, 03:47:01 PM »
Ahh Europe...
In my dreams Europe is like the New Europa in Castle Falkenstein... criss-crossed by Steam Automotive roadways... teaming with magic, and mad science, derring do and Romance...
A world where my legion of Steam Automata Robots march out from my hidden fortress of doom and bring the quaking peasentry to heel.

:D
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #121 on: December 17, 2005, 05:07:35 PM »
Closer to US $13-14 billion, Ent.  (FYI)
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 17, 2005, 05:41:04 PM »
Huh, it's actually $12bill. I thought the exchange rate was much better than that. *shrug*
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2005, 07:58:19 PM »
Ive been agreeing with Spriggan too much lately...   ;)

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2005, 11:38:34 PM »
My car just completely broke down. On I-5, in the middle of traffic. Thankfully, it had enough power to get me to the side of the road--which was across 3 lanes of traffic moving about 70 mph. It was going fine, then just suddenly lost power. I think my radiator blew, or the water pump. Man, that would be so bad. I'm hoping it's just a hose--I went to put more water in (and the water levels had been fine whenever I'd checked them before) and the water went straight through to the ground. Urg.

I'm so lucky my brother can work on cars. He'll be coming by next week to see if it's fixable. But this also seriously cuts into my plans to visit a friend for Christmas, because the tow cost over $100. *Sigh.* I'm resigned at this point.

Oh well. It'll be fine either way--maybe my cute little Jeep is trying to tell me it's time to invest in a new (to me) car. One that won't leave me stranded on the side of the interstate. I've been considering it for a while, but had been holding out for as long as the Jeep would last. I'm kind of looking forward to something newer, something I won't have to worry about what system will fail next.   8)
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 18, 2005, 01:49:17 AM »
while that does suck, Im glad your alive....

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 18, 2005, 02:38:57 AM »
Like I said, I'm pretty peaceful about it. Though I do wonder how I'll get to work next week, and my plans for Christmas probably won't work out now. But even if I spend Christmas alone here, I'll be able to work something out in the week I have off to have transportation by the next week, and perhaps sooner. Hopefully that'll mean I'll at least get some traveling in that week, and if I don't, I'll get some writing done from home.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2005, 04:29:45 AM »
I am grumpy because I am sick again and can't sleep. But I'm happy because a new story idea has come to me that I really like and I think I will use for my next book, which I will be starting in the near future. I've already written a bunch of key scenes from the beginning, middle, and end, and I really like my characters.

So I guess the happy and grumpy would balance each other out. But we don't have a neutral thread, and the grumpy one was closer to the top.

Besides, I'm probably more grumpy. Sleep deprivation + an infection + lots of packing do not a happy Chimera make.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
Ding, dong, my car is dead.
« Reply #128 on: December 20, 2005, 03:29:10 AM »
So, the head gasket blew. No saving it, not for the kind of money I have. I need a new car. One that I don't have to worry about which part is going to blow next.

I'm not grumpy so much as sad. That was a nice car, even if it was old, and it's going to be a hectic week trying to see if I can get financing, etc. for a car that would actually have good gas mileage and be a reliable form of transportation. Hopefully a miracle will occur. If not, I'll get through it anyway, and it'll be fine, but it's still frustrating, and I have so much work to do this week in preparation for the break, that I'm just going to have a lot on my mind.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 20, 2005, 12:42:31 PM »
Good luck with the financing. Otherwise, buying a car can be fun.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2005, 08:34:43 AM »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2005, 10:29:01 PM »
I'm grumpy because I just saw the new Pride & Prejudice--and it was pretty good. No, that's not the reason for my ornery mood. It's just that it was depressingly romantic. Where's my Mr. Darcy, I'd like to know.
Yep, I really oughta stop watching romantic comedies where jerks "magically" become the knights in shining armor. Haven't seen that happen anywhere in my vicinity, though I do know a guy or two with galatic-sized opinions of themselves. *sigh*
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 10:29:28 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #132 on: December 22, 2005, 09:20:22 AM »
They all got married to wonderful women who didn't think they were jerks at first.

Sigyn

• Level 15
  • Nonononono
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 22, 2005, 12:00:27 PM »
I am grumpy because someone stole our mastercard number and managed to rack up $900 in online purchases before we caught it. Luckily we canceled the card before the jerk tried to put through a $2600 purchase. I am also grumpy because I still haven't finished packing, because the woman we bought our house from stole all the keys, because short sales are anything but short, becasue my little boy's favorite new game is shrieking at the top of his lungs, because I still haven't done the dishes, and because eating chocolate makes me morning sick so I don't even have that consolation in my grumpiness. I think that about covers it.
If I had any clue, would I be here?

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2005, 01:23:17 PM »
the good news is you can get your money back from the credit card company pretty easily...