Departments > Books

Has Anyone Read the Wild Cards Series

<< < (2/2)

fireflyz:
Hahaha, that was good.  I was thinking the same thing.  I like GRRM's books, but my opinion of his work ethic is something else entirely.

guessingo:
I can't see GRRM making much money off of short story books or off of Wild cards. They have to divide the money between alot of people.

hubay:
I've read the first two. It IS a superhero thing, but it doesn't always focus on it. A good chunk of the first book is a sort of alternate history with the Red Scare and the Hollywood Ten. I think it's very well done; there's a lot of grey area in the protagonists' actions and motivations. Some of the stories are better than others, obviously, since different writers put it together.

The first book will leave you hating Richard Nixon, if not the whole 40's american government

Silk:
I haven't yet read any of the Wild Card books (though there's one on my shelf) but I've been told they're good. Also, Tor.com just posted a short story called "The Rook" which is in the latest Wild Cards novel, if you're still looking for a taste of it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version