Author Topic: come share your recipes!...OF DOOM!  (Read 3402 times)

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
come share your recipes!...OF DOOM!
« on: March 30, 2004, 11:04:45 PM »
this post was inspired by the stuffed mushroom post, while reading it I noticed a few people here are skilled in the kitchen and have some interesting recipes, so please come share your recipes!, I'll go first.
take two skinless and boneless chicken breast(preferably lean) slice them into medium sized strips and sautee them in butter and a tiny bit of olive oil, next take five large portabello mushrooms and cut them into centimeter thick strips, and add them into the skillet, now add in about as much balsamic vinegar as you used butter(or to taste) sautee until mushrooms are soft and dark in colour(from vinegar) and chicken is golden brown, then seerve in own juices and season with terragon.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 01:26:40 PM by arkalith »
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: come share your recipes!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 12:13:18 AM »
That sounds yummy, except for the mushrooms. Not a big fan of them. Hmm... I have a great chili recipe, modified from my stepmom's.

Brown 1 lb of hamburger. In a separate pot, simmer a large can of tomato juice, 2 small cans of kidney beans (drained), and 2 large cans of diced tomatoes (plain, no seasoning). When hamburger is done, drain. Sautee a large onion with butter until clear. Add to hamburger, then add chili powder, paprika, diced garlic (either fresh or dried), pepper, onion salt, etc. to taste. Add hamburger to simmering tomato mix, turn up heat to boil, stirring occasionally. You can add more meat or beans to thicken it. It's all by sight and taste, really.

Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 12:47:16 AM »
yum, I'll have to try that... this one i came up with in fourth grade:
soak 1 half a cup of dried chickpeas overnight. put 1 pound of ripe tomatoes in boiling water for 30 seconds then into cold for about a minute, peel them and remove the seed then coarsly chop into quarters. put 1 half pound of lamb(cut into 1 half inch peices) 1 half a teaspoon of tumeric, 1 half teaspoon of cinnamon,4 tablespoons of chopped cilantro,2 tablespoons of butter, 2 tablespoons of chopped(fresh) parsley, and 1 chopped onion into a large pan, stirring for five minutes on medium heat, then add chopped tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes. rinse 1 fourth a cup of split red lentils under running water and add to the pan the (drained) chickpeas and 2 amd a half cups of water, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil, cover and simmer gently for 1 and a half hours. add 4 baby onions and cook for another 30 minutes, then add the  chickpeas and the lentils into the first pan(with the tomatoes) add 1 fourth a cup of noodles 5 minutes before the end of the cooking time.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 01:42:58 AM »
This is one I just came up with a few months ago, after trying to figure out what to do with leftover chicken.

Take some shredded chicken (already cooked) and put in a pot with 1 can cream of mushroom soup.  Add a cup of water, a cup of milk, 2 Tablespoons of butter, dried onions and black pepper to taste.  Stir in about a cup and a half of pasta, or however much you want, and cook until the pasta is done.

Obviously, you can adjust to make less or more fairly easily.  It's pretty fast too, and helps me get a second meal out of a roast chicken.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 02:07:58 AM »
Come on. you guys are holding out on me. I know FO and Stacer arent the only cooks here...especially you guys out there, now i know you're too old to be embarassed about being able to cook. so post some recipes!
take one pound of large raw shrimp, remove the heads and the shell(leaving the tails intact). now get 2 fresh red chiles, halve them lengthwise and discard the seeds. heat 5 ablespoons of olive oil in a flameproof pan( or use a frying pan and have a warmed serving dish ready in the oven) now add all the shrimp, the chiles, and 3 crushed cloves of garlic to the pan and cook on high heat for about three minutes, stirring until the shrimp turn pink. serve immediately.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 09:02:10 AM »
I put a nice one in the other thread....
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 01:12:50 PM »
actually you put several nice ones in your other thread, and if you dont mind I'll copy them over to here. also if it's not too much trouble do you think you could share your mushroom soup recipe with us?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 01:55:16 PM by arkalith »

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
Re: come share your recipes!...OF DOOM!
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 07:13:51 PM »
Um yeah, its been ages, but give me some time to look up my notes

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 04:51:44 PM »
this recipe is from mad dr. jeffe(sorry I'm trying to keep up with your constantly changing name, but it's kinda long.)

Ok they call monkfish the poor mans lobster with good reason, its cheap and when cooked takes on the same color and texture or lobster. This dish is one I altered from the Naked Chef but still fantastic. Go out and buy 1/2 a pound of monkfish and some good bread from a local bakery (ciabatta from an italian bakery would be best) get some large rosemary bunches (the kind that have good soild sticks) and trim them into skewers. Get some lean bacon or pancetta too. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees farenheit. Tear up the monkfish and bread (without the crust) into one inch squares. Season the monkfish and bread chunks with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil, crush a clove or two of garlic and add some shredded and bruised basil and mix it in to the bowl with everything. Put the bread and fish on the skewers and wrap them loosely with the bacon. then bake them for 15-20 minutes.

While its cooking make a nice salad of radichio, button mushrooms, yellow bell pepper and grape tomatoes.

When the skewers are done put a little balsamic vinegar on them and eat piping hot.

Its really, really good.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 05:41:32 PM »
Its ok It'll be Mad Dr. Jeffe after today..
Right now its "the Crazy Devil Doctor Jeffe"

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 08:30:17 PM »
Tonights feast

Warm Grilled chicken Salad with vidalia onions chevre and a raspberry vinagrette and butternut squash soup.

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2004, 08:40:59 PM »
Heatsome olive oil in a large skillet. sautee an onion (sliced) and a garlic clove(chopped), stirring until they become soft. add a 14 oz can of peeled and diced tomatoes and about 2tsp of yeast extract and simmer until the sauce thickens. cook some pork steaks(about 4) under a preheated boiler(both sides) until the meat is golden and cooked through. add some black olives and fresh shredded basil to the sauce. transfer the steaks to warm serving plates and top with the sauce and grated parmesian cheese, and serve.

angel

• Level 4
  • Why?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2004, 11:09:38 PM »
You always were a good cook.
lean porkchopxoven+season salt=tasty
it's all in the wrist...

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2004, 12:16:14 AM »
Just for Jam
Ninja Burger and Fries of our ancestors.

Burger prep
Take a 1/4 pound helping of ground sirloin and chuck 50/50 and mix them in a small bowl. with a dash of shoyu and a 1/2 teaspoon of 5 spice powder(star anise, fennel, cinnamon, cloves and Szechuan (Szechwan) peppercorns). Mould into two patties about an inch larger in diameter than the bun you intend to serve it on, trimming the patties with a sharp knife into the shape of a throwing star. put some wax paper down and transfer the first pattie onto the paper, then place another pice of wax paper on top and transfer the second pattie to it cover with one more sheet of wax paper, wrap in plastic wrap and pop it into the freezer.

get some good quality miso paste around 1tbsp and mix with some wasabi powder and ketchup.

Fries prep
1 Yam and one Satoimo (or a small baking potato)
Clean the yam and Satoimo it slicing them crossways so you get several medium (1/4 inch thick) circles

Then get set up for the Tempura Batter,

This I have to give you in Metric because its precise (Americans I can translate, but I dont have it here so give me untill tomorrow)

200ml ice cold water
1 large egg beaten
90grams sifted plain all purpose baking flour plus extra for dusting
2-3 ice cubes.
Pour the icewater in a bowl, add the beaten egg and mix well
add the flour and very roughly fold in with a fork (DO NOT BEAT) The batter should be lumpy!
Add the ice.

Pour enough oil in a wok to fill it halfway and heat to 175 C.

Dust the vegtable and fry 2 to 3 pieces at a time untill crisp drain on a paper towel.

Take out Frozen Patties and put on griddle or grill (freezing helps reduce shirinkage)
Fry up and put on a lightly toasted sesame seed bun, top with the wasabi/miso ketchup mix, some well diced spring onions, some iceberg lettuce and a few thin slices of tomato.

Serve immediately with some wasabi and pickled ginger slices on the side.

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2004, 03:10:46 AM »
shweet!