Author Topic: Holy Bad Idea, Batman  (Read 2048 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: Holy Bad Idea, Batman
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2005, 05:15:43 PM »
I saw a stage version of The Hobbit when I was around 8 (I think), which was right after I finished the trilogy and the prelude for the first time on my own.  I thought it was really good; of course, I was like eight, and it was done by a high school, so it probably wasn't as spectacular as I "remember." But I think if a high school can entertain an eight-year old with a related storyline, a groups of professionals could entertain adults.  Though time would be a problem--a lot of people will be angry at what gets cut if they try to shorten it too much, but they will be angry at how long it was if they don't...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Holy Bad Idea, Batman
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2005, 05:40:28 PM »
I think The Hobbit is sufficiently different enough to make comparing the potential musicals from it and LOTR invalid.  For example, LOTR has at least three distinct yet essential plotlines for the bulk of the story while Hobbit had only one, ever.  (minor exception is when Bilbo is separated from the  dwarves by the spiders but that's minor like I said)
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch