Author Topic: TWG T-Shirts  (Read 11633 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: TWG T-Shirts
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2004, 10:03:36 PM »
Lots of votes, eh? Hehehe... CACKLE.. he...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 28, 2004, 01:43:29 PM »
I've seen red shirts with black text and never had a problem reading what was on it. Which is to say that I vote black on red, or black on blue.

I vote for the top ten list of quotes on the shirt. We can put the most important one on the top, in bigger font, if necessary. I also like EUOL's idea of putting "Top 10 signs you waste too much time with us" or something similiar. I think more quotes instead of a cartoon would be best, since the logo is the most important aspect.

One thought to consider is, how many people are willing to buy the shirt if the quote on the shirt isn't their favorite? A top ten list could solve that problem. I know a lot of text could be a problem to read quickly, but the shirts aren't unheard of. Besides, it's the TWG logo that's important, not having every person we walk by read all of the quotes.

Think how entertained the person behind you in the DMV line would be. :D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 02:04:48 PM by Treyva »
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 28, 2004, 02:20:49 PM »
Which was one of the reasons I thought 10 different quotes from 10 different people would have been cool.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 28, 2004, 02:40:00 PM »
Hey. You don't have to have the last word you know. ;)

It's often more constructive to come up with solutions to perceived problems, rather than pointing out flaws. It's more difficult to unwittingly offend someone that way.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 28, 2004, 03:22:08 PM »
But my tag says that I'm supposed to be 100% abrasive.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 28, 2004, 03:31:28 PM »
/me remains unimpressed and unconvinced.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 28, 2004, 03:42:08 PM »
Ok ... constructive
I just got a shirt that I think rocks, its a dark red (almost winey) with Silvery bluish and orange letters.

which sounds hidious if your picturing it I just realized...

but the colors are sort of like the ones in this
http://memento-mori.com/lacuna/lacuna_web.gif

the bluish tint is right at least, although the orange could be a little darker and the background isnt brown, but more of a merlot color.

It stands out, and looks snazzy and the light colors on the red shirt look nice.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2004, 03:59:12 PM »
The colors do look better, but I doubt we could afford that many different colors. We ought to remember it for later though, when TWG is raking in the bucks and we can afford to make high-brow t-shirts. ;D

Sometimes I am overly impressed with my own wit.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2004, 03:59:41 PM by Treyva »

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2004, 04:56:47 PM »
Well, if we are doing the top something ruther quotes I think the number one quote should be in the front right beneath or above a Timewastersguide.com logo, maybe.. the another five or so by different people on the back.  I mean, if we have a top ten or five quote list on a shirt people could get the idea that we hold a communistic state here by misrepresenting the different factors of our society.  That is, one person is more important that the others...
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2004, 06:14:40 PM »
I really don't think strangers from the street, or even strange co-workers will put that much thought into a t-shirt with silly quotes on it.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #175 on: April 29, 2004, 08:25:08 AM »
well, here we are, I've gotten 8 responses. The most popular was Entropy's "Caps Lock" quote, which he didn't actually say, so was disqualified (yet still people kept giving it 10s).

The second most popular was my popularity quote, which is odd, in that it was not given a single 10.  However, it only received one score below 6, which no other quote can boast. It seems that for the most part, this was a liked quote, but it wasn't the funniest in anyone's mind. However, everything that got a 10 (except Entropy's) also got at least one 1.  Now, I know this sounds egotistical, but this quote DOES kind of sum up the site's persona. We all do things that are somewhat nerdy in the general public, and we're proud of it.

Just so you know, EUOL's quote about wasting wasted time was third, my quote about monkeys was fourth, and the other disqualified quote, JamPaladin's pants bit, was fifth.

Now, I still think I'm against a list of 10 quotes. Some people say that co-workers and strangers won't read the shirt anywya, but I think they will if there's one, short, pithy quote and then a URL. I don't think many people at all will read it if there's a whole paragraph on there.

Right now for colors i'm thinking fo mimicking the site. A beige with black text. Naturally, since it's been popular, red with black is still being considered. I just wanted to throw out a new idea to see the response. I'm also thinking of dropping the cartoon pic. Does anyone think the cartoon was necessary?

As soon as this decision is made, I'll price, then start taking pre-orders.

Once I'm comfortable with how many shirts we're selling, we can start collecting quotes/designs for another shirt.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 29, 2004, 05:04:22 PM »
I thought the URL was going to be by itself on the front of the shirt?

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #177 on: April 29, 2004, 05:17:48 PM »
that was my original plan, logo/url on the front, quote and url on the back.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #178 on: April 29, 2004, 06:25:33 PM »
I still say deep maroon and black.  Or a brighter red would be acceptable, I suppose...

I could go with no cartoon, but we should probably through something in it's place.  Maybe we should do the top three quotes instead of the top ten, not too long yet people have enough to read to enertain them at the DMV... Just a thought.
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 29, 2004, 07:12:39 PM »
Entertaining people at the DMV is very important.