Author Topic: TWG T-Shirts  (Read 11642 times)

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
Re: TWG T-Shirts
« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2004, 12:00:12 AM »
sweetness, I'd by one of those, ooh wait, maybe they should do, dark red, dark gren, dark blue, and maybe  even a black with white text, but they gotta put the little clock or it's too plain, ohh maybe a little clock up in the corner and an enlarged one on the back
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2004, 05:10:46 AM »
I admit, we should have taken this off the forum long ago. So that's where it is right now. I apologize to the rest of you for continuing to stretch it out here.

Dang.  That's what we get for having all of our moderators doing rational things--like sleeping in--on a Saturday morning.  

Not to throw a wrinkle into things, but what about a multiple-quote T-shirt?  Like "Top ten things overheard at the TWG Forums" type thing?  Or, perhaps, a "If you've heard one of these things, you might be wasting too much time with us."  

Just a thought.  I like the single-quote shirts too, but the quote would have to be really spectacular--a distillation of the entire TWG experience--to be worth its solitary place on a shirt.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2004, 09:20:49 AM »
well, let's get more feedback on that. I don't think a single quote has to embody the experience, just be  a sample. I don't like whole lists of quotes though, because it takes to long to read. You want to get people's attention, deliver the message, and tell 'em where it's from. That's my though. I don't want people spending a year reading my shirt.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2004, 11:13:14 AM »
I agree with Saint.  We should definately do single shirt quotes (as that would leave room on the shirt to give a picture of the crew).  So the front we have a timewastersguide.com logo in the top left of across the chest and on the back we have the top quote and a picture of the quoter in front of everybody else?  Or are we JUST showing the quoter?
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2004, 12:04:21 PM »
I was just going to show the one quoted person. Having a picture of the whole staff seems a bit much. And then there will be arguments about who deserves it or not.

And in that case, I think the quote would go next to the speaker.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2004, 12:07:17 PM »
I like that.  But as some ground rules, no matter who's on the T-Shirt there should be no complaining, eh?
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2004, 08:29:17 PM »
maybe you guy's shouldnt put peoples pictures on them, or at least not on all of them, because I'm not sure I'd buy one with somebody's face on it...

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2004, 09:29:15 PM »
do you people even read the relevant bits first? We're getting a cartoon of it made. It's not going to be a photo.

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2004, 10:40:42 PM »
No, REALLY?  By the way, I was just asking about the entire cast picture because I suggested it and wanted to know what you decided.  TFO was just being ignorant...
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2004, 10:52:04 PM »
actually i've read this entire thread, i just didnt understand it would be a cartoon on the shirt, and i still think it should be pictureless or at least have a version that is.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2004, 11:26:59 PM »
I vote for one quote per shirt, if the quote is of any length. I like the idea of the top ten, but most of the quotes we've seen have been pretty long. Top ten could work only if the quotes are very short.

Everything I've heard from SE so far on the design (TWG logo on front, quote and cartoon on back) sounds good to me.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #161 on: April 26, 2004, 07:33:22 AM »
actually i've read this entire thread, i just didnt understand it would be a cartoon on the shirt, and i still think it should be pictureless or at least have a version that is.

b) being rendered as a cartoon on official TWG T-shirts.

The list in this post I will continually edit. It will reflect who we still need cartoons for.

people who have not told me they don't want their moniker/quote/cartoon likeness on an article of clothing

These selections were pulled from the very first post of the thread TFO.

***Subject in quotes may have been altered.  Any alterings occuring were the adding of bold to pre-existing text and the cutting of text from quote to fit relevance.  No text was added to these quotes.  No animals were harmed in the making of this program...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004, 07:33:54 AM by GorgontheWonderCow »
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #162 on: April 26, 2004, 07:42:20 AM »
except the ones the Ninja monkeys beat up for lunch money, but I can't be held accountable for things they do on their free time

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2004, 08:11:02 AM »
Dangit SE.  Those files where pentagon style tied up in legislation!  That was supposed to be a secret, now I have to change the disclaimer....
Robert Heinlein

Edmund Burke

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2004, 06:58:19 PM »
*bump*

Are only 6 people going to vote for the quote? if you forgot where, it's here.