Local Authors > Brandon Sanderson

Official Typos Thread -- All of Brandon's books

<< < (4/29) > >>

ryos:
Dunno. But all the other gods have only two colors, but giving yellow and orange (and gold) to Mercystar makes three.

More typos!

P. 307: Siri shrugged. “I haven’t decided yet. My people teach strongly against it. They’re not fond of the way that Hallandren understand religion.”

Hallandren understands? Hallandrens understand?

P. 317: “Hum,” she said, smiling and siding up to him.

Should that be sidling?

P. 342: He was much really younger than he wanted to appear.

Strike that; reverse it.

P. 344: In other lands, one found parries and steppes, mountains and deserts.

Apparently, one finds many sword fights on the steppes. :P

Edit:
P. 359: Of one thing remained firm. She was going to learn how to Awaken.

Missing a "she" between "thing" and "remained".

P. 366: Theses stories are ridiculous and unfounded.

P.376: “Ropes,” she said. “Untie yourself.”

I'm not a grammarian, but I think the plurality of those two phrases should agree.

P.383: She rushed out onto the street, now lit by the dawn light filling into the city, and ducked down an alleyway.

The sentence makes a kind of sense, but it also makes no sense at all. How does light "fill into" a city? This may not actually be an error, but it looked like one to me.

Edit 2:
P.394: There was a wall front of her. A dead end.

Missing an "in".

P.400: Perhaps we could shorten it to simple Lightsong!

Missing an "a".

P.411: The massive black temple of a palace loomed above them, sheer ebony blocks stacked like the play-things of gigantic child.

Gigantic Child sounds like a good superhero name.

P.412: Siri was an emotional person, and people had been able to read her regardless her hair,...

Missing an "of".

P.414: If they assumed that she thought Susebron a fool, they wouldn’t suspect an conspiracy between her and her husband.

Peter Ahlstrom:
This is good stuff, ryos.

ryos:
Heh. Glad you like it, 'cause I keep finding more. :)

P.422: As long as he asked them to something other than what Allmother had explicitly forbidden, they had to obey.

I think that should be "to do something".

P.435: However, she could see signs that some of what he had told her were true.

I think the "were" is referring to what he told her, not the signs, and as such should be a "was" instead. (Wasing the refer of what?)

P.441: If you make peace with Hallandren, I will insure that you are seen as heroes back in our homeland.

Ensure.

P.446: A young boy is given it by his grandfather, and it turns out the sword was a heirloom

Edit:
P.476.4: Vivenna's awakened cloth is referred to as a rope.

P.477: Well?” she asked.

Missing open quote.

P.480: “Coins?” Vivenna asked. “When Tonk Fah hit the horse, it knocked a chest off the top. It was filled with gold.”

It was actually Clod who hit the horse. (On page 259. Thank you, PDF search.)

Edit 2:
P.494: “I’ve long sought to be the most notoriously laziest of the gods,

P.501: Towards the bottom, something Vasher says is attributed to Lightsong.

P.551: “How many of my people would you sacrifice, if it would mean the freedom for yours?”

Edit 3:
P.559: One of his sets of clothing fell, the leg cut off by soldier’s clever strike.

By a soldier's...

P.567: Little Wilson caught the lightning one, but there is another: Blushweaver’s body lay red and bloodied. He’d seen
that it in a vision.

P.583: I think you’ll find the phantoms of mine to be... very effective.

Should be "those phantoms"...I think.

Rejoice, for I have finished the book, and my typo reports are at an end!

Juan Dolor:
Prologue, page 15 (which, oddly, is the first page): "...he could see the three guards open his large duffel and riffle [sic] through his possessions." 

Should be "rifle."

Pink Bunkadoo:
Warbreaker

p. 123:  copiously unattended by either the bride or groom--I suppose this might make sense, but is it maybe supposed to be conspicuously?

I also remember something like "barely downhill," or perhaps "barely down a hill," that I thought might be barreling, but now I can't find it. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version