Author Topic: review: Scourge of the Howling Horde  (Read 1755 times)

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
review: Scourge of the Howling Horde
« on: January 01, 2007, 05:11:20 PM »
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: review: Scourge of the Howling Horde
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 06:11:37 PM »
I totally agree with 42 on how nice this adventure's design is and how simple it was to run but the author's spent way too much time on that and you got a very generic, uninteresting adventure that more or less didn't want you to roleplay anything but the Dudley Do-Right type of adventurer.  Of course it doesn't help when there's on one other person in your group that's actually willing to roleplay (thank goodness for Eagle Prince), nor did the GM want me to express my creative talents in the forum of a "why should I help you" type of characer. 

But for an adventure designed to only take you half way to level 3 I guess you  can't expect too much story but sadly that's the time that players want to develop their character's personalities not afterwords.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.