Local Authors > Brandon Sanderson

Official WoK Fan Art (Here there be spoilers)

<< < (2/31) > >>

Nightfire107:
It captures the specifics of the scene quite well actually. Thank you very much Ryos you just made my day. This is now the background for my labtop.

Miyabi:

Ryos, my love for you has jsut grown at least ten fold.

Inkthinker:
A while back I started a rough painting of Kaladin's leap... funny enough, the composition looks a lot like that. Great minds think alike, obviously.

I stopped working on it because A) stuff came up and, more importantly, 2) I realized that it's a really spoilery scene if you were to see that illustration, and then read the novel... you'd be constantly waiting for a spearman (and it wouldn't take long to realize that it's Kaladin either) to leap a chasm into an opposing army and suck up stormlight, and the moment in which that happens is so much more powerful if you don't see it coming.

So it's down in the stacks now. I've got a couple other images from the book I think I'd like to address before I ever get back to this one (for instance, Dalinar's duel at the Tower, or even just the battle that leads up to that).

SnagglezMaw:

--- Quote from: Inkthinker on September 13, 2010, 03:05:16 AM ---A while back I started a rough painting of Kaladin's leap... funny enough, the composition looks a lot like that. Great minds think alike, obviously.

I stopped working on it because A) stuff came up and, more importantly, 2) I realized that it's a really spoilery scene if you were to see that illustration, and then read the novel... you'd be constantly waiting for a spearman (and it wouldn't take long to realize that it's Kaladin either) to leap a chasm into an opposing army and suck up stormlight, and the moment in which that happens is so much more powerful if you don't see it coming.

So it's down in the stacks now. I've got a couple other images from the book I think I'd like to address before I ever get back to this one (for instance, Dalinar's duel at the Tower, or even just the battle that leads up to that).

--- End quote ---
While not up to par with Ryos', I'd love to see the finished product.

Erunion:
Very nice Inkthinker,  :o  I'd love to see the finished work!

Do keep in mind though that the Parshendi use axes, swords maces and the like, but I've never heard of them using longspears or pikes. Those types of weapons don't suit the Parshendi's two-man teams and warrior ethos, but are effective in the Alethi's more disciplined supportive armies. (Not sure if the Parshendi use shortspears, either)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version