Author Topic: Call for players  (Read 25732 times)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Call for players
« Reply #90 on: October 30, 2003, 01:09:39 AM »
cool

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 31, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »
I've finished watching episodes 4 and 5, and will start on 6 soon to get into the mood.  

I know the campaign's set around the time of 2, but I only own 4-6.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #92 on: October 31, 2003, 05:12:59 PM »
I can't watch them with the kids around, apparently, so I haven't watched any lately.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 31, 2003, 07:28:15 PM »
There.  I just finished 6.  

It may be years, but I'm confident you'll be watching them with at least one of your daughters sometime in the future, and you both will be enjoying it very much.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2003, 11:27:27 AM »
I know NaNoWriMo is occupying some of us, but I was just wondering if interest has flagged.  I'm still in.  

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2003, 11:40:15 AM »
I'm still in. I think Sprig just wants to finish his program first.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2003, 11:45:20 AM »
Im not sure I'll have time to play right now, I've decided to put in overtime at work to pay for worldcon
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2003, 07:52:11 PM »
You can jump in at any time, apparently.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2003, 08:12:40 PM »
yep he's allwayse welcome.  But you can't blame a guy for working ovetime to save up for somthing like Worldcon.

Anyway as a not I'm STILL waiting on Entropy.  Also FFXI has taken a lot of my time.  But I'm at the point now where I don't want to play it for more then a few hours a day.  So I'll have some things up soon.  One last thing, I talked to SE about postponeing the game until the novel thing is over.  He said he probaly could handle both but I wanted to ask Kiji and Entropy their feelings on this.  Because I don't mind waiting a few weeks.  It would just give me more time to work on things.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2003, 08:20:41 PM »
just for the record, I won't be broken hearted if you DO wait, I just don't want anything post poned on my account. I can keep up.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2003, 08:52:01 PM »
Well I realise that the novel takes presidence over my game and I don't want either to suffer becasue of the other.  So I'm cool with what ever you all want to do.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2003, 01:21:00 AM »
I'm fine with now or later.  Maybe I'm wrong and it should be, but a forum game isn't all that time-intensive for the players.  At least for me.  I'm keeping up alright with the other games I'm in and it hasn't influenced NaNoWriMo for the worse.

Whatever's best for you, Sprig.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2003, 01:29:42 AM »
yeah, i don't think we'll have a problem. You see that, despite Entropy's prediction/vain hope, I still post a LOT on the msg board, and I'm doing really well on my novel. So I can start full throttle as soon as you're ready. But take your time and feel comfortable first.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2003, 12:42:26 PM »
Here's what I've got for the character creator program so far.  There are several things I haven't done yet and some I may not do.  Such as limiting skills to only be raised by 2d, adding skill specilizations, Player defined Races, adding racial bonuses directly to the skills, force stuff, skill descriptions and lists.  There will be some of this info in the other tab once I decide what to do there.

http://www.monkeyslothstudio.com/SWCsheet.html

here's a quick guide of how to use it:

*you enter Name, sex, age, hight, and weight directly to the main fields themselfs.

*The templates are directly from the book.  The ones not included are: Droid (droid creation rules are completly different then standard rules), Revwien Tyia Adept (ya whatever, this class was to show you how to have a "force character" with out calling the "force" the "Force"  Ie is some mystical power),  and Rookie New Republic Pilot (this class is exactly the same as the Brash Piliot).

*to make a player difined class, please select one of the other classes first.  I don't have it's rules made yet so nothing will happen if you don't.  You can then enter the Class name in the text field below the raido button.

*Selecing a species:  Every species has a min/max for each attribute.  If this is in contrast to the class set attributes those attributes will be adjusted accordingly and the extra attribute points will be added to your total pool.

*The reason there's a species/race fields is becasue there can easly be different races inside a species.  For example I'm a Human/Cacuasion.  Another example is Han Solo is a Human/Corillian.  Feel free to make your own species or to use one from the movies.  races don;t have any different racial abilites or attributes, this feature is for Flavor only.

*A note on Humaniods:  Humanoids are basicly a bipideal non-human alien that has no special racial abilitles.  Thusly their attribute min/max are the same as humans.  In the field below this selection you can enter the name of your humanoid (feel free to make your own) so you are not stuck with Humaniod stuck in the Species field.  Once the Other tab is implented you'll be able to describe your new species

*Raiseing and lowering attributes:  After selecting your class and race you can use the arrows next to each attributes name to change the score.  Unless you lower an attribute or have selected a class/species that are different stat wise (see above) you cannot raise an attribute (ie your attribute points are 0 at the start of the program).

*About skills:  When you choose a class the skills are atomaticaly selected to that classes default.  These skills are the most common ones used in that class (or so the game designers feel).  Except for advanced skills (like brain surgery, enginering, ie things you'd need to goto college/university for) any skill in the SW game is useable wither or not it's on your list.  All skills (except for advance skills) defaullt to the attribute score for die rolls.  Note:  When you change an attributes value all the linked skills values will change with it.

*Changeing skills:  Right now the only ways to change the listed skills is to either select a new class or to highlight the skill in the main window and type a new skill name.  Skill lists/discriptions have not been added yet but will be accessable from the skill tab.

*changeing skill values:  goto the Skill Tab, then select what attribute based skills you want to work with.  Notice how the names of the skills now appear below.  To raise or lower a skill value use the arrow key to change the value, no skill can be lower then it's base attribute's value.  At first you only have 21 points to raise skills with (this does not include the free one's I gave you for sending me your character info).  Also note that game rules do not allow you to increase any skill more then 2D, this feature is not yet implented.  Also the radio buttons next to the skill names are not yet in use.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 12:52:00 PM by Spriggan »

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2003, 01:15:32 PM »
so uh... rules changed from 1st edition? Because in 1st edition you had 10 DICE which to add at creation. You're saying I have less than that?