Author Topic: Call for players  (Read 25686 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Call for players
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2003, 01:04:40 PM »
Entropy-I'm still waiteing for your character info.

My flash program that will help with character creation is almost done.  I won't let you make Droids or new races, but it should cover everything else.  It'll even have most of the templates from the book (I took out a few because they were dumb or repeats)  Once you finish (by clicking a button) it'll send a copy of the stats to me and you via e-mail.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2003, 01:09:10 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2003, 10:45:45 PM »
here's an update on how the game will start, I figure this will help you with figureing out your characters relations and such.

For some reason (your choice) your on a transport ship (entropy your master is there, your on your way back to take the test to become a jedi) and it crashlands on a small moon that's the opposite of endor (ie rocky and no cute laser fodder).
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2003, 08:22:55 PM »
Well, Tels can be out to the Endor area headed towards some kind of odd job.  Maybe Torgen (did I get the spelling right there, Saint?) and I have kept in touch and when he heard I was headed out that way he tagged along 'cause he's always wanted to see ewoks.  I don't know.  Maybe his mother was an ewok.  Who knows.   :)  And who knows why Jedi are anywhere?  Probably some conspiracy.  So there we are.

So is that flash character generation thing working?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2003, 09:20:29 PM »
It's almost done, I just need to allow you to adjust skill/attribute stats.  I was going to finish it yesterday at work, but I wasn't feeling well.  If I grid my teeth and just work on it all tonight it should be finished.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2003, 09:24:09 PM »
I think better would be that we got off the ship out of Tatooine, and since Tels had somewhere to go, and Torgan didn't, he decided to tag along when Tels hopped on the ship. I'm human, but I've never heard of Ewoks (I don't think anyone has, at this point)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2003, 09:27:13 PM »
SE's right Ewoks are unheard of, well maybe some alienology professors somewhere, and Endor is basicaly another moon that no one cares about.  You are returning from the outer rim to the coreworlds so if you want make up a world, who knows if it's cool you might return there for somereason.  Or if you want I can use the random world generator in a book I've got and just say that's where you're comming from.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2003, 09:50:38 PM »
Can I play?
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2003, 10:02:28 PM »
Of course Jeffe.  I've stated several times that this game is welcome to who ever wants to join, when ever they want to.  It's going to be as open of a game as I can make it.  Read through this thread for info on character creation and other stuff then e-mail me your character background/concept.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 28, 2003, 04:08:10 AM »
Yeah, I was jibing about the ewoks there.  Saint's explanation sounds great.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #84 on: October 28, 2003, 06:41:23 AM »
Ugg there's a lot of monotonous typeing for that program, doing all the templates,skills, races and their various descriptions.  And what do I do to take a break?  More typeing!  Well at least this is something that requires thinking.

A note on backgrounds and your reason for being on this transport ship:  Don't forget you're hero characters, not only are you better then the adverage person statwise but I'm also giving you extra experence/character Points to show some extra experence.  You're not "First Level" here, true you can be like Luke if you want and have little experence in things but you're more like Han Solo here and have traveled all over.  There's no reason to only have visited places/planets that were in the movies or to be on a routine, boreing mission.  Who knows maybe something exciting happened when you were in the Outer Rim.  But if you want it to have been uneventful then go ahead, I just don't see uneventful things happing to Hero characters in the Starwars universe.  But they're you're characters, you decide.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #85 on: October 28, 2003, 08:06:29 AM »
Well, i'm sticking with it, because my vision is of a lone gunman sort of thing, the wandering old west guy or the ronin. He just wanders, and thing either happen to him or he runs into something happening, and he gets involved. Plus he just came off a failure, so he's trying to figure out how he can rectify that.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #86 on: October 28, 2003, 08:27:32 AM »
I wasn't speaking to anyone in general, and I know both you and Kije have things in their characters backgrounds but I was just posting that because no one has come up with exactly what their characters are doing ATM of the campaign start.  Also some players may have had a GM that was very restrictive on what their characters BG could have been.

Character Generator update:  Well I'm not going to have it out today for two reasons: One is that there is a lot of descriptions to type after 2 hours of working on just that tonight I'm not even a quarter done.  And two, while codeing the skill system I decided that the interface was too clunky and if I stuck with it the stage would be too crowded and confuseing.  So I'm reworking a major part of it.  This is actualy the second time I'll have reworked this part, and each time it gets more effecent.  And I think you'll all like how it works.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #87 on: October 28, 2003, 08:34:04 AM »
oh, don't worry, I wasn't taking it personally, I was just further considering what I was doing.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 28, 2003, 05:26:11 PM »
Well, I have to admit that "hero" wasn't the first word that came to mind when I made my character.  And I didn't know that our characters were to be significantly above average, either.  Neither of these poses a problem.  I'm just a really good engineer/mechanic.  Really really good.

I was having a hard time finding a heroic reason for a really good mechanic to be in the Outer Rim.  Maybe it's kind of as Saint put it.  We hopped on the ship from Tatooine, had fears that we were being tailed, and got off earlier than expected and took the nearest transport to wherever just to lose the pursuers.  That planet would be the one where we just left (be it invented or not.)  And now en route to the core, we crash.  That's a little more adventurous, eh?

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2003, 09:15:27 AM »
Ok the new interface has been finished and I've finished all the classes/templates and races.  I have yet to finish the player defined class and skills.  It won't take long to add the player created class so I'll probaly get it done today.  Skills I'm not sure on, considering I have to write all the skill descriptions, but another day or two and I should have everything done.