Author Topic: review: Speed Racer  (Read 6740 times)

Hammerforge

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Reorx's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: review: Speed Racer
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2008, 03:14:41 PM »
Sorry, my reply was facetious. I assumed pretty much everyone who visits this forum knows who Brandon Sanderson is, since he's one of the site's founders and his forum is hosted here. But if you just surfed in recently for something else entirely, welcome! (If the Wheel of Time series is something you're familiar with, Brandon was chosen to finish the final book after Robert Jordan's death. News of that brought him quite a few more readers, some of whom are now analyzing the Mistborn books to death over in his subforum.)

I knew I was missing something. Even after writing on here off and on for a few years, I must confesss that I am  still a bit of an outsider. I'm afraid that, while fantast novels are a particular joy opf mine, I don't do very well at keeping up with the latest authors (the new kids on the blocks to me are still people like Weis and Hickman and J.K. Rowling.)
"Iwouldn't tell a mountain dwarf where hisbeard was in the snow."

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: review: Speed Racer
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2008, 06:59:54 PM »
Wow, if Weis&Hickman are considered new kids on the block, you certainly have been reading fantasy for a while.

There are definitely a lot of recent authors I haven't yet read, though. It's so hard to keep up with the field.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!