Author Topic: Next Wednesday's Game  (Read 21860 times)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Next Wednesday's Game
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2005, 01:05:43 PM »
So there's a poll up soliciting opinions about which characters they should include in the latest Marvel set (whenever that will be.)  On the Marvel site they show results, and for the hero it looks like most are choosing some guy named Cannonball.  Now I don't know a ton about these characters, but he seems one of the least interesting characters to be converted intoi a heroclix fig.  Basically, the guy's got charge, and probably leap/climb.  Who needs anotyher charger?

The character that caught my eye was the guy who could make copies of himself (Multiple Man or something.)  That would be really cool to see how they truned that concept into a fig.  I'm guessing they would use flurry and willpower to reflect his extra bodies.  Or maybe they'd make him as a pretty weak guy (strengthwise like a bystander token) but with the unique ability to spawn bystander token copies of himself.

I'm sure they could think of others ways to describe his powers.  That would be soemthing I'd like to see.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2005, 01:51:46 PM »
Yeah, I voted for that guy too because he's just so unique. Spawning bystander tokens is a cool idea, but I doubt they'll make special rules for a relatively minor guy. I think your idea of flurry and willpower would work, plus a little perplex or probability control (since if the first copy misses, a second copy can take a shot).
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2005, 03:13:50 PM »
Well, Legacy looks like it's going to be pretty awesome:

http://www.creationmatrix.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=10059

And what looks a little more official:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/munsterhawaii/album?.dir=/88c6

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2005, 05:09:59 PM »
So it looks like that second link doesn't work anymore.  The two links had basically the same information, except that the no longer functioning one had pictures of the sculpts.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2005, 05:25:23 PM »
I saw the one with pictures while it still worked, and I was impressed--more KC than I expected, and some cool-lookin' stuff all around. I also found my new sig.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2005, 05:56:44 PM »
If you go to the CreationMatrix site and scroll down the original link to the photos is there, and apparently it still works.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2005, 06:23:05 PM »
Holy!!! A new Joker!  Whooo.  And he's got all most all the abilities in the game :).  Also happy to see Senestro, Ares, General Zod and Hush.  Dono why I like DC villans so much, but I do.

Wow, that new Joker made my day.  Though I am sad to see no enhancement ability in a DC set. Ahh my bad, Entragon (deamon) has enhancement.  Though he's a 119 pt figure (assumeing his veteren rank).

In fact here are the Joker stats for those that want to share in my joy.

Joker, 100 pt Bat-enemy
11 L/C
9 Incap
18 Toughness
2 OW
6 range 2 arrows
Other powers include (ready?) Stealth, RS, Charge, Poison, BCF, EE, Ppx, Willpower, Mastermind "and more" !

Also, are we going to do anything tonight?  We ca goto GPP or I've got that starwars mini book that I want to play before I review.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 06:32:14 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2005, 06:36:50 PM »
If something's going on call me (II II VI VIII I III III) as I'll be offline in about 15 minutes.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »
I've got my kids tonight while Dawn is away, so I'm unavailable.

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2005, 11:14:31 AM »
So I ended up at GPP last night, and won myself an LE Simon Masters (Wonder Man.)  

And I learned that Ultimates Hawkeye is a pain magnet.  Just about every time I play with that guy, my opponent/s decide that he's the worst threat and move to take him out immediately.  It kind of stinks because he has no defense, but I've learned to use it to my advantage by having him draw all the heat while I get my real strategy rolling with the other figs.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2005, 11:17:41 AM »
How was the crowd? I really want to start going. What types of armies were people using? Was it Marvel-only or Open?

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2005, 11:51:31 AM »
small crowd.  There were four of us: me, two preteens I take are there just about every night, and a magic player the judge recruited to learn heroclix.  

We played a team multiplayer, with me and a preteen vs. preteen and newbie (who was being coached gently by the judge.)  Newbie lost interest halfway through and judge took over for him.

My preteen teammate played a 300 point Sinestro.  I usually run a ranged team, and the judge's team (whcih he would have used if he didn't get the newbie to play was all ranged.)  Newbie played a mix of ranged and close combat, as did the other preteen.  I have seen older guys like us in there, who know the game well and usually kick my trash.  They'll bring tournament-caliber teams.  But most often the competition's been thin, and those preteens just don't get some aspects of strategy (but they're preteens, so I cut them that slack.)  

The judge is a decent player and is better competition.  He's late teens.  This multiplayer format was the first I've seen, suggested by the owner (who was playing magic next to us.)  When it's four players they usually do a two round tourney.  I think this week was technically supposed to be a draft, but no one was planning on buying anything.  And I've never seen it be anything but open, 300 point affairs.

It would be really cool if you and Sprig decided to come more regularly.  It would nearly double the crowd and definitely add quality.  As it is, I don't mind playing the preteens.  I try and teach them subtly when I play so they get a better feel for how to use their powers, and I'd be lying if I didn't say that laying the serious smack down just feels good every once in a while.  Plus, easy prizes!  Hmm...maybe you guys should actually stay away...

Last night was my first night in a while, since mid October.  But my Wednesdays are more free nowadays.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2005, 08:20:44 PM »
Ya I just never make it on Wensdays, just because.  Though i should.  I was about to go last night but just decided I didn't want to.

from what I've gathered from GPP staff precons are their popular tournys since there's no fee to play.  The booster drafts usealy only have 2-3 people, and usealy aren't the good players.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2005, 01:05:40 PM »
Alright: I am officially going to GPP for HeroClix this Wednesday, so come one come all and we'll save each other from the 13-year-olds. I'm considering an X-Men/Alpha Flight team, because I love Havok so much, but 300 points is a little small for a good X-Men team. Maybe Fantastic Four with my shiny new Spider-man?

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2005, 01:12:40 PM »
Kate has the car at her job 'til about 6:30 that night...I know it's out of the way but could I get a ride?  Pretty please?  It would only be to (not from) as she'll be picking me up afterwards to go somewhere else.

And the preteens love the X-Men.  You'd be the cat's meow if you showed up with an awesome X-Men team, I think.