Author Topic: These Stupid Titles VIII  (Read 75125 times)

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
Re: These Stupid Titles VIII
« Reply #135 on: January 02, 2009, 01:20:35 AM »
Hmm. I'm thinking maybe this 'Honored' to 'Churchfavored' may have been a tiny step up. Honored is ambiguous. Who honors you? But Churchfavored is straightforward. The Church favors you. And if this church spans across the world (whatever world that might be), then you could be favored by virtually everyone. That would be cool.

Plus, there's the difference between 'Honored' and 'Favored.' My take on honor is that you did something and are being praised for said thing. Favored means you will get to do something in the very near future, and if you stay favored, you'll do many somethings.....

Me though, I'm just a Healed Helpworker. And no one even knows what a Helpworker is. It's so sad. I hope I beat Comatose in leveling. I don't want to have the mystery spoiled for me. The next level has got to be better than this. It would be hard to get worse. Unless I got fleas....which I am still immune to... ::)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
  • ...no room for someone in second place...
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2009, 02:27:26 AM »
These titles really are starting to reflect my real life. Sadly I guess that means things are going downhill for me, since I'm only a second-rate juggler at best.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2009, 04:34:36 AM »
Oh, look at that. You leveled. I totally didn't notice that before....So you're basically just a more specialized street performer now, right? :P
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2009, 05:37:02 AM »
It would seem so. I suppose it's not all bad; I guess if I specialize in juggling I might get better at it.

Also, perhaps I'm also allowed to perform in venues other than just the street now.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2009, 09:35:53 AM »
Or standing on top of coffins.....

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2009, 03:56:00 PM »
Or standing on top of coffins.....

Standing on top is all fine and dandy.

The trouble starts when you are IN a coffin :)
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

hoid354

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2009, 01:37:46 AM »
I can see that happening to Silk... possibly if she was juggling torches, or maybe pointy sticks... or gets knocked off the coffin in a freak tomato accident, and gets a concussion. We dont have a doctor in the coalition, do we? Well, at least we have a mortician, however disturbing. And a helpworker, whatever that is. Nobody knows what a "bygone" is either. Or what "zetta" means. So everybody gets zetta confused when you say zetta, lol.

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2009, 01:48:40 AM »
All I'm saying is if that freak tomato accident happens and I do get a concussion, keep Ben away from me. At least until I wake up. He's a little too enthusiastic about his work for my peace of mind.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2009, 01:52:12 AM »
I'll be a doctor in, like, 5 levels....So I'm heading in that direction....So Silk won't be completely without help (since a mortician really doesn't qualify as 'help' for the living and Silk will still be living, if all she's done is fall off a coffin....we would hope (or would we? :P )).

And yes, Silk. Disturbing people tend to be a little enthusiastic. Some might say overenthusiastic....And Morticians lead the pack in the disturbingly overenthusiastic crowd....So I'll be a good little helpworker and keep him away....Well, as long as you're alive, anyway. I won't refuse him his duty, should a corpse call, even if that corpse is the body of a juggler friend.

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2009, 02:14:53 AM »
Hey, I'm passionate!  OK, and slightly enthusiastic.  But I've never had a live one before.  At least I don't think so.  Hmm, it disturbs me as I think back on it now.  There might have been a couple that did wiggle a little too much.  Oh well, back to the drawing board. :D
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2009, 02:18:01 AM »
Hmm, it disturbs me as I think back on it now.

....Well, that's interesting. I thought your 'Disturbed' title was only supposed to affect others. What does it mean if the Mortician himself is Disturbed about his disturbing methods? 

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2009, 02:19:30 AM »
Now I am disturbed.

Stay away, I'm telling you; I'm in boxing! When I hit, it hurts!

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2009, 02:27:10 AM »
Hmm, it disturbs me as I think back on it now.

....Well, that's interesting. I thought your 'Disturbed' title was only supposed to affect others. What does it mean if the Mortician himself is Disturbed about his disturbing methods? 

Yes, it is a vicious cycle.  It will be quite interesting to see where I go from here.  If I'm not mistaken, I will become desperate for bodies and just go digging them up.  So you don't have to really worry, Silk. ;)
Besides silk, I don't want you to hurt when you hit.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 02:29:10 AM by Necroben »
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

Silk

• Level 31
    • View Profile
    • Beyond Impossibility
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2009, 02:29:12 AM »
Well, that's good to know, I'm reassured.

...What? No, really. I just figured these gloves have been collecting dust for long enough, that's all. Why do you ask?

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2009, 05:05:47 AM »
Yes, it is a vicious cycle.  It will be quite interesting to see where I go from here.  If I'm not mistaken, I will become desperate for bodies and just go digging them up.  So you don't have to really worry, Silk. ;)
Besides silk, I don't want you to hurt when you hit.

Digging them up?

And sew bits of Johnny onto Susie and bit of Frank onto Jim, and then waiting for a lightning strike?

*shudders*
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.