Author Topic: These Stupid Titles VIII  (Read 75187 times)

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
Re: These Stupid Titles VIII
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2008, 01:41:48 AM »
I'm thinking about pulling out the honorable topic whip.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

little wilson

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Hero of Ages: Preservation
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2008, 02:41:52 AM »
But I don't want to get whipped. Then it'll take me even longer to recover....And we're still staying fairly on topic, with injury-talk...Injuries take time to heal. The person needs to recover from a face-planting and other such stuff.... ;)
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2008, 01:30:56 PM »
So anyway . . .  back to topic. I remember when I was going through Squad Leader training (basic training) they pulled all four of my wisdom teeth in the same day. It included oral surgery so I was put under for the procedure. I feel bad for your sister because it is not a pleasant procedure and recovery. Apparently you can only be fit for war if you don't have your wisdom teeth. Strange.

As a Squad Leader who just so happens to be Catholic I would have to admit that a lot of the Catholic people I know don't in fact go to church. I mean as we get older we tend to view it as more important and therefore tend to go a little more often. And by older I mean like either after marriage or between 40 and 50. Instead of asking for forgiveness we just let our sins compact until we get old and then we go to church. I might start going again once my daughter gets old enough to understand but her mother wouldn't even let me get her baptised. That alone is one of the reasons why I'm not the biggest fans of her. I have already noticed your "stalker memory", I don't think I will have a problem with it as long as we live across the country from each other. If you lived in the greater Boston area I might be worried but as of right now I'm not.

As for the negative titles for us warring people they have included being four different Grave Diggers and three different Convicts so I hope that I am past the negatives. I do know that at level 29 I become a Rich Mercenary but I don't know what lies between now and then.

By the way Jade, I wouldn't really be apposed to being whipped. That is if the whipping was being done by someone other than yourself, preferably of the female persuasion.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 01:40:45 PM by AbominableMonsta »
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2008, 04:46:22 PM »
Yes. I know the feeling of having wisdom teeth pulled. I believe that happened right before I was Betrayed....It was kind of funny. I laughed through the whole procedure (or at least that's what the nurse said because I was also put under). My anesthesia was local and when I woke up, I thought my chin was rubber....I ate a lot of chocolate pudding and watched a lot of '24'....And then I got dry sockets. ::)

If my living in the Greater Boston area is the only thing that would worry you, I don't think you'll ever have to worry.....Although, I do kind of want to live in the NYC area sometime, and that's pretty close to Boston....You may have to worry then. :P

Negative titles....well. I would've said the Grave Digger is for the warring people, but I was thinking that maybe Ben'll have to do something with graves, since he's a student of death and all.....but as far as I know, no one else has had jail time so....yeah.

3 more posts and then I'm Healed! Hooray!
"You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2008, 05:35:44 PM »
Dry sockets stink. I seem to remember having them and it wasn't to much fun.

So whats wrong with the Boston area??? You make it sound like its imposable for someone to want to live here. I mean whats so special about NYC anyway?? Oooo it a huge city, and whats outside of that city?? New Jersey. That's a big enough reason to not want to move there for me. I'm kidding but really stay out of Newark. I may hate the state I live in for the way that its run but I wouldn't want to move because Boston is that great.

I'm interested in what my title will be when I level, the only issue is that I probably wont be able to level for a couple of days. Tomorrow I have court and a meeting at work and Wednesday I have off to go party. So maybe buy the end of the week but probably not until next week.

Almost there wilson, keep the posts coming.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2008, 06:07:08 PM »
ick, getting wisdom teeth pulled...good thing I had that done before I became a Choir Member, otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to do my job too well :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2008, 08:36:45 PM »
Dry sockets did suck. I got 30 pills of hydro-codone after the operation. It was on a Friday. It wasn't until the next Wednesday that I didn't need them. I was down to 13 left....And there was no warning on the bottle not to drive, either, so  I was driving around and it was in my law class on Wednesday that I found out that I could've got a DUI if I'd been pulled over.  :o

Oh, and wisdom teeth have nothing to do with Choir. I know. I was in choir for 7 years before I got my wisdom teeth pulled. And 3 of those years were audition choirs, and competition was VERY high as a female....Unfortunately, I haven't sung in any choirs since I got mine pulled. That's not saying I haven't sung. Oh, yes, I have. I sing all the time. Music is fun.

And I wasn't saying there's something wrong with Boston. I was just saying I'm not interested in living there. I probably wouldn't really like NYC either, just because I'm not a huge fan of big cities. I like them, but living in them would be crazy. Suburbs on the other hand....But really, I love where I currently live. Small city (45,000), not a suburb, but plenty to do in the area. I could probably live here my whole life and never really get bored.

I'm not sure I want to level up. Sure, being Healed means, well....that I'm healed. Which is nice. But it's also boring. I mean, it's not nearly as exciting as a Mugged Helpworker, or a Recovering Helpworker...or even a Soup Kitchen Owner, and definitely not as cool as a Bringer of Aid.....

Dount Cooku

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2008, 10:37:04 PM »
And, kind of getting back on track, how come Dount Cooku gets to be an overlord at level 3 while im a lowly errand runner!

It's due to all of the little people I stepped on as I rose to power.  *insert maniacal laugh here*

Actually, I think it's a bit odd that I'm an overlord, as I am supposed to be a student of light magic.  I guess I must have cut class or something. :D

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #128 on: December 30, 2008, 01:01:29 AM »
Just wait Cooku. Just  wait. The start of your light magic training will be forthcoming. At Level 5....I remember it vividly. It marked the start of my posting on this thread (part VI). It was not a pleasant part of my journey toward proficiency in light magic....Not pleasant at all. In fact, it was rather lonely. :D

Loud_G

• Level 11
  • Drawer of Dragons
    • View Profile
    • George the Dragon
« Reply #129 on: December 30, 2008, 03:27:36 AM »

Oh, and wisdom teeth have nothing to do with Choir.

Ah, no, you misunderstands us... Having the teeth pulled WHILE in Choir, not so good. Unpayed vacation. Choir no has sick leave. And sound like a moose with a head cold when your mouth is swollen up like a chipmunk and you try to hit the low notes :D
George the Dragon   <---- My webcomic. 

WARNING:
Features a very silly dragon. Hilarity MAY ensue.

hoid354

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 30, 2008, 03:58:12 AM »
Yeowch. I wouldn't want to be there. Well, it looks like wilson is finally healed, Cooku is going down the path of hermitism, and Ben is now disturbing... (not much of a change  ;D). Unfortunately, I'm probably going to get fleas soon. These stupid titles  >:(.

little wilson

• Level 29
    • View Profile
    • My Myspace
« Reply #131 on: December 30, 2008, 04:07:17 AM »
No, I think you're safe on the fleas front. If you really want to know what you've got next it's an Apprentice Scribe....I got bored again. When I should've been writing....Curse me. I'm a horrible, horrible person who really needs to complete her RE Submission....

I have no idea what my next title is going to be. Or the title after that. If Comatose would level up, it would make it easier, but....I think I like the mystery. It's fun. Now if I can just pass Miyabi too, then it will all be mystery....

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 30, 2008, 04:55:28 AM »
I turn around twice and now everybody knows I'm disturbing.  I didn't think these titles were supposed to reflect real life.  Doh! :o
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #133 on: December 30, 2008, 09:09:03 AM »
That's quite amusing.  You know you've made it as a mortician when you start becoming disturbing.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2009, 12:13:08 PM »
From Lord, to Honored, to Churchfavored.  Hrm.