Author Topic: What do you collect?  (Read 1084 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
What do you collect?
« on: May 16, 2004, 05:24:09 AM »
I know there's a thread named this in the books board but I'm sure we all collect things besides books.  Also if you can post a picture (link only see rules below).

The all mighty rules of this thread:

1) NO DIRECT LINKS TO IMAGES!!!!!!!  Do not use the image tags when linking to your picture URLs only please.  Anyone who purposly ignores this rule will have the offending threads deleted.  I don't like bugging JP to edit posts when people do this.

2) Nothing offencive please.  If you think it might be then don't post it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: What do you collect?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2004, 05:26:08 AM »
So I was struck by the number of empty mountain dew bottles I've colleceted in the past few days.  So I guess I'm collecting them now.

The picture is realy blury, my digital camera's lense is acting up and I think it's time to buy a new one.

www.monkeyslothstudio.com/pictures/P1010019.jpg
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2004, 05:40:56 AM »
swords, I have lots and lots of swords
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2004, 06:02:05 AM »
Badly burnt cds, but I plan to make a game out of them, so it isn't rubbish.

Old bus tickets, but I plan to make a game out of them, so it isn't rubbish.

Magazines. I have three crates full of VG magazines.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2004, 09:12:02 AM »
Root beer bottles
only glass, and only one for each brand (unless the same brand has an interesting variation on the bottle I already have).

Shot Glasses. Usually only from places I've BEEN. Though if people go cool places, I ask them to bring me one. I have them from 5 different countries and most of the states.

Comics. Current estimate appraises my collection at over $3000. I'm currently appraising it with my handy copy of the overstreet guide, and I"m less than one-fourth done, so this is a  guess. There were some surprises. For example, Inhumans (Marvel Knight series) issue 1 (1997) is worth $10 after only 7 years. The series sucked and lasted all of 12 issues. Even more of a surprise was that X-Files #1 is worth THIRTY bones in near-mint condition. What kind of a waste is that? The death of Ben Reilly only worth $3.50 and a bad adaptation of a TV show is worth ten times it. Man.

Then there's my "collection" of CDs (300+), Tapes (200+), and Records (200+) with some really nice examples of records.

Action figures, I've linked to pictures elsewhere. It doesn't include my GI Joes and Star Wars ones though.

And Games. I have a lot of RPG books, and my board game collection is slowly growing.

That's it. (it's enough, isn't it)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2004, 09:34:09 AM »
I collect warhammer models, RPGs (GURPS and WW being the preferance) and fantasy books. I also collect nifty ornaments - like a lion face plaque from Prague, some dragons and lions from Hong Kong and a bunch of Sake glasses from Japan.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2004, 10:00:52 AM »
History books, First Editions, Dice, Ecclectic stones from places I've been, Mugs, Toy soldiers, and RPG's

oh and crappy DVD's
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2004, 03:16:34 PM »
I collect cameras. Old, old ones. I'll have to take a pic of my collection and link it later. I've got about six or seven good specimens, then some old junk Kodak cameras my grandma picks up for me from time to time.

Also, movies. I have about 300. Most of them are taped off TV, old Cary Grant and Gene Kelly and Judy Garland and Ginger Rogers and Katherine Hepburn. I've been slowly trying to collect the same titles on DVD so I can throw out the old tapes.

And books, of course. Lots and lots of books!
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2004, 03:22:38 PM »
Angst...
I collect Angst
Oh and Zeitgeist.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2004, 04:04:51 PM »

Shot Glasses. Usually only from places I've BEEN. Though if people go cool places, I ask them to bring me one. I have them from 5 different countries and most of the states.

I only own one shot glass, because it's the one that matters.  It's a BYU shot glass, bought from the Bookstore to spite the fact that they insulted me when I asked if they sold dice.  "We dont' SELL dice; we don't sell FACE CARDS either."  "Yeah, but you sell shot glasses..."

I don't think we have any pictures of my husband's vast transformers collection or his even more disturbing collection of Magic the Gathering boxes.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2004, 04:18:20 PM »
A throwback to when I smoked is my small collection of pipes, both Briar and Meerscham.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2004, 04:18:42 PM by ElJeffe »