Author Topic: Aug 10-Frog-DR-Chp 2&3  (Read 2976 times)

Frog

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • "Have a popover, Froggie!"
    • View Profile
Re: Aug 10-Frog-DR-Chp 2&3
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »
Oh! I want to read your musical, Silk! Finish it! :D
I've already conquered the world. This is exactly the way I want it.

Hamster

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 12:59:20 AM »
If it's gonna be partly musical, Frog, then I'm expecting "At the End of the Day" from Les Mis. In fact, put any song in from Les Mis and it would be awesome.

Personally Frog, I'm enjoying this story more than Queen's Opal. The pacing is very well done, it kept me interested for most of it, even though I wanted to start skimming during Raven's and the Prince's conversation.

I'm intrigued by the background story with Raven and the princes, I want to know more about all their characters already, and where the plot is going to take her and change her.

The scenes with Aisha and the genie were pretty much pefect in my opinion, the dialogue and imagery fit with them, and it was a good way to show their characters.

And by the way Frog, I found the genie's personality "more playful" and a lot more complex than meets the eyes. But now I have high expectations for his character to be dynamic and intricate throughout the book, occuring from his relationship with Aisha

Good job overall Frog, not much more critiquing I can add, everybody else always covers everything! I need to get faster on the draw

Frog

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 02:40:54 AM »
If it's gonna be partly musical, Frog, then I'm expecting "At the End of the Day" from Les Mis. In fact, put any song in from Les Mis and it would be awesome.
I like that musical. If it weren't for all those pesky copyrights....

Personally Frog, I'm enjoying this story more than Queen's Opal.

:-\

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. You're pitting my children against each other and they shall not be separated! In fact, they are the same world/series. But yes, QO was my first book and it still needs a lot of drafting to sort out the good stuff, so hopefully this just means I'm getting better. Maybe.  :P

The pacing is very well done, it kept me interested for most of it, even though I wanted to start skimming during Raven's and the Prince's conversation.
Which prince? Ednar, Mordin or both?

Thanks for all the character notes. Aishia, Genie, Raven and Mordin are all MCs for this book and shall have plenty of screen time, so don't worry! I just hope they don't disappoint. Lots more stuff to write. :P

And don't worry, I am fine with just adding more voices to the choir. Then I know I have troubles if you know what I mean. ;)

Hamster

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 03:05:07 AM »

don't worry, Queen's Opal was good, but I can see the growth and maturity in your writing from this one, they're bother good, but so far I like this one better.

More with Ednar, becasue I was more confused with the depth of their conversation, but then with Mordin there was more tension and potential for future character development, so I was more inclined to pay more attention to their conversation.

Frog

• Level 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 03:11:21 AM »
don't worry, Queen's Opal was good, but I can see the growth and maturity in your writing from this one, they're bother good, but so far I like this one better.
No, that's fine. I was mostly joking. I'm glad you enjoy them.

More with Ednar, becasue I was more confused with the depth of their conversation, but then with Mordin there was more tension and potential for future character development, so I was more inclined to pay more attention to their conversation.
Yeah, that makes since. Operation 'make Ednar shut up' is well on its way! ;)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 03:14:39 AM by Frog »