Author Topic: I hate money - HATE HATE HATE  (Read 2683 times)

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
I hate money - HATE HATE HATE
« on: June 07, 2004, 08:52:32 PM »
I want to KILL something.

We've been trying to get J.T.'s student loans consolidated, and it's a freaking horrible task.  We've been trying to go through CFS, but I'm beginning to think they're a bunch of communist lying <expletive deleted>.

The won't consider my full time income as part of our household.  Nope.  Just the money my husband earns.  Apparently I don't count at all, even though we've been married for over a year and filed our taxes together and LEGALLY are a single financial entity.

So we had my dad call to be our co-signer.  They rejected him.  My father, who owns his own business, and makes more than any of our other parents, who has an accountant and great credit, we get a letter in the  mail today saying we've been rejected again for insufficient income.

So, does anyone else know of a good loan consolidation place that ISN'T RUN BY SATAN?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 08:58:32 PM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: I hate money - HATE HATE HATE
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 09:08:12 PM »
Communist is still an insult?
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 09:15:17 PM »
It's an insult I can say here without getting banned for swearing, so yes.

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 10:22:33 PM »
my loan was consolidated through "The Student Loan Company" and finally with Citibank

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 11:19:47 PM »
Fuzzy...all places that offer loans are run by satan. They offer you loans then reject so they can watch you squirm...
Try citibank.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 11:20:35 PM by arkalith »
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 12:16:13 AM »
Are any of his loans serviced by Nelnet? If so, go with them. They have the best long-term deals when it comes to percentage rates and discounts for on-time payments and electronic payments. I LOVE them. Never had a problem with them. They're friendly, always nice even when you're having financial difficulty, and did I mention they let me save a lot of money? I think once I go into repayment and have paid 48 payments my percentage rate will be something like .5%. (Percentage rate of 2.5 or 3% or so, minus 1.25% for electronic payments, minus 1% for 48 on-time payments... nice.

Oh, they're www.nelnet.net. If you've gotten student loans through BYU, they'll probably be sold to Unipac, which will sell them to Nelnet, usually.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 12:18:07 AM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 12:37:12 AM »
First of all, the bulk of his loans are through Nelnet.  Second of all, Nelnet will not let us consolidate.  He got them through Full Sail on Nelnet, and apparently after her graduated they changed all the terms on their loans, so we lost our forbearance period and they won't let him reconsolidate.

Don't ask me WHY.

It's just soemthing particular to do with FullSail, and now I'm going nuts, I've barely had enough sleep this past week, we're both going crazy working so many hours so we can try to pay these damn loans and save up money to move and EVERYTIME we get even a little ahead something screws it all up.

Ah, heck, this should probably go in 42's therapy thread, but everything's just screwed up and it's all based around money.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2004, 12:39:05 AM by fuzzyoctopus »

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 02:16:36 AM »
I suppose this wouldn't be an appropriate time to speak of all the 'great things' you're learning  by 'struggling as a poor, young married couple.'  
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 03:10:37 AM »
Yes, money is evil. Perhaps you should try contacting my twin. He did graduate in economics and is now a business lawyer, working for a State Supreme Court Judge. He's who I get to take care of my financial problems.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 10:08:30 AM »
I suppose this wouldn't be an appropriate time to speak of all the 'great things' you're learning  by 'struggling as a poor, young married couple.'  

Probably not.