Author Topic: Hero of Ages Prologue  (Read 17310 times)

neiana

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
Re: Hero of Ages Prologue
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2008, 05:56:41 AM »
((As a side note: I know you can't be perfect, but PLEASE capitalize and run a spell check on your posts.  I'm not trying to be critical here, just it bothers a lot of people, especially me.  Thanks ;)))

Might be useful if your post was fully void of grammatical errors. :)

To the topic at hand:  In which thread, since "all theories have been discussed already", have you pondered who exactly is being created in the prologue?  My vote is for the embodiment of Ruin.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 02, 2008, 06:46:09 AM »
(I get them as close as I can.  A lot of times I'm only on for two minutes and barely have time to post, let alone check for grammar, but I try at least.  A few errors don't bother me.  I was referring to those people whose typing makes me wonder if they're keyboard has only letters and a space bar; void of a shift key and punctuation keys.)

I don't ever remember it actually being discussed.  Most of the time was spent discussing 'how'.  I also agree that Ruin needs a body, but I don't think it's this.  I think it's just another Inquisitor.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 06:47:40 AM by miyabi »
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #92 on: September 02, 2008, 06:50:45 AM »
(If you're quick to point out the flaws in another, at least take the time to remove your own. Thanks. :) )

Just another Inquisitor?  I can see the prologue sharing with us Marsh's inner struggle while also giving us a glimpse into the horrors of Inquisitor fabrication, though I don't think Ruin finding a body mid-book would be as striking as if it were part of this scene.

Brandon hasn't failed me, yet, though.  If Ruin has a body and it's not this one, I suspect it will be even more believable and better to read overall than my suggestion.

Oh, and that request for a link was mere joke re: other comments that have been made. :)

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 02, 2008, 06:58:37 AM »
(I don't point out small amounts of flaws, I point out nearly entire posts being utterly unintelligible.)

Oh ha ha.  I'm not so keen on jokes pertaining to common sense. xP  I tend to not understand the point until it's pointed out.

Where I agree it would be cool for this to be the body of Ruin, I just see Ruin's embodiment being something of a more aesthetic and transcendental nature.  Something that will make him feel like God.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #94 on: September 02, 2008, 07:04:58 AM »
Where I agree it would be cool for this to be the body of Ruin, I just see Ruin's embodiment being something of a more aesthetic and transcendental nature.  Something that will make him feel like God.

We were not given information pertaining to the body that is to actually become the 'Inquisitor', merely the sacrifice.  :)

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2008, 07:08:18 AM »
True, but Inquisitor to me doesn't say 'God' it says, "Uhm, So I take it the nail-gun won the fight?"
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #96 on: September 02, 2008, 07:18:52 AM »
Did it say there was actually an Inquisitor being created?  If so, I have forgotten.  If not and it is only left as a vague 'something is happening and everyone reading assumes it's related to an Inquisitor based on past information' sort of thing, my suggestion still stands and quite firmly. ^^

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 02, 2008, 01:09:29 PM »
Well, if you pay really close attention to semantics, the body below had eye-spikes. Just saying . . .
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.

Miyabi

• Level 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 02, 2008, 03:36:05 PM »
Well, if you pay really close attention to semantics, the body below had eye-spikes. Just saying . . .
My point solidified as much as possible without reading the book.  (Even if it's NOT an Inquisitor, I would be disappointed if this was the body that Ruin took.
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #99 on: September 02, 2008, 09:58:24 PM »
My point solidified as much as possible without reading the book.  (Even if it's NOT an Inquisitor, I would be disappointed if this was the body that Ruin took.

So Zane's back-spike makes him an Inquisitor?  I don't find this to be a good enough argument.  It's clear a spiked body does not an Inquisitor make.

GreenMonsta

• Level 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2008, 10:10:11 PM »
I think im more prone to think that whatever happened to Zane was either accidental or orchestrated by Ruin to then use him as a tool. I do not think it links him in any way to the inquisitors other than allowing hermological abilities.
"No signs of anything that could cause even a slight case of death"

"He's a paraplegic whats he gonna do, bite us?"

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #101 on: September 03, 2008, 12:24:38 AM »
Thank you.  I believe you agreed with me on that point whether you intended to or not. :D

Reaves

• Level 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2008, 01:10:52 AM »
Wait why are you talking about Zane? Miyabi was saying the sacrifice being created was an Inquisitor. Seems like common sense to me...Of course I totally discount Ruin's "embodiment" I really do not think it will have one.
Quote from: VegasDev
RJF: "AHA! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Cairhien, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a warder when he is only the distraction! Get him Rand! Buzzzzzzz!

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2008, 02:15:27 AM »
Wait why are you talking about Zane? Miyabi was saying the sacrifice being created was an Inquisitor. Seems like common sense to me...Of course I totally discount Ruin's "embodiment" I really do not think it will have one.

Because Zane had spikes and he wasn't an Inquisitor (yet?).  If Ruin was to have a body it would probably come at the hands of the Steel Ministry - it could even be an Inquisitor in appearance.  Jesus didn't look any different than the rest of the people he was around, right? :)

Czanos

• Level 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2008, 03:39:24 AM »
[. . .] Jesus didn't look any different than the rest of the people he was around, right? :)

That depends on who you ask. The thing is, we don't have any book-related evidence supporting this being Ruin's body, and we do have (Albeit rather flimsy) book evidence supporting this being an Inquisitor. Though just to play devil's advocate, I will mention that if this particular keeper-sacrifice would grant the Hemalurgist below Feruchemy as well, then I could see Ruin taking someone who has all three magic systems as a body. However, I'm going to stick with my original assumption that this is an Inquisitor for the simple reason that Ruin could already control Inquisitors. If he has complete control over them, why would he need to take one of their bodies? It would just seem to me like that would decrease his options, as he could either

A. Make a new Hemalurgist and (possibly) place himself in the body, or
B. Make a new Hemalurgist and control it do do his bidding while he does more omnipotent things.

I don't see much sense in him making himself a body when he could just control it anyways.
I came because I heard stories, tales of a lengendary man.
A man who was known as the Lord of the Mists, a man they named Survivor.
A man called Hope.