Author Topic: Happy Things go here  (Read 27559 times)

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Things go here
« Reply #195 on: June 15, 2005, 04:57:09 AM »
Let's hope he doesn't stick a Gremlin in it (I still have nightmares from that scene in the movie).
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #196 on: June 15, 2005, 09:37:46 AM »
What else do you DO with Blenders?

I"m happy because Warmachine arrived, though the stand doesn't work as well as I'd like it to. But the best reason that makes me happy is that I got Galactus' right leg, and he now stands proudly, 18" high, next to the monitor where I can see him. He has beedy little eyes that look disturbingly real under that ridiculous helmet.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #197 on: June 15, 2005, 11:38:48 AM »
Let's hope he doesn't stick a Gremlin in it (I still have nightmares from that scene in the movie).

Ew! I haven't seen that movie since about 1986, and thinking of it, it all comes back.

But speaking of bad dreams, I dreamed that I crashed my Jeep and instead of just replacing it (only have liability on it, and I bought it for $1000, so it's not that expensive a car)--instead of replacing it, I was standing in my hometown waiting for my brother to come fix it. Perhaps it's a sign that I should finally find a mechanic who works on carburetors. I've been avoiding it because I've had too many other things going on. I wasn't *really* waiting for my brother to do it, though, because he doesn't know how to tune a carburetor. I have to get the carburetor tuned, the oil changed, have them look at why the windshield wiper fluid isn't working, and why the horn suddenly stopped working last week. It makes me think it's going to take a while, and I can't be without a car.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #198 on: June 15, 2005, 11:45:40 AM »
Last night my dream was that I had the powers of both Green Lantern and Steel (ie, the accessories, I guess). Which was cool. Until the badguy, who was essentially an evil god, took my powers and Superman's powers from us and put them into some giants. We managed to get my powers back, but then I got slapped around by the Superman giant and the evil god. I woke up with a headache.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 15, 2005, 07:08:04 PM »
I'm happy because MsFish is on the board! Hello my dear friend!  ;D

But now I have to go cook dinner for EUOL. So we'll have to chat later.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 15, 2005, 07:30:14 PM »
My ferret just came up to me with a bag of microwave popcorn (probably stolen from Spriggan), and a very apologetic look. Awe...how sweet. Now I need to go find what she broke.

Oh, and I got to see Batman Begins...it was cool, though more british.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 15, 2005, 09:07:41 PM »
I've heard that too, 42. The fact that almost every major character is played by a brit.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Jelly_Belly

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Jelly Belly's blog
« Reply #202 on: June 17, 2005, 02:51:04 PM »
I'm happy cause today at work I'm moving cubicles. I'm not happy with the work and trouble that is involved with moving, but I am so sick of my cubicle. It's right along an aisle with the doorway facing that aisle and so everyone walking by can see what I'm doing. There is a conference room a few feet away and and so I would overhear the meetings going on, which was very distracting, and there were a lot of people who would gather in the aisle outside my cubicle to talk. It was driving me nuts. Then I found out on Monday that I'm moving and today it's actually happening. My new cubicle is still on the aisle, sorta, by the doorway to it faces in so people walking past won't see as much of what I'm doing. Much more privacy. I would have preferred a cubicle farther in, but I can't really complain since I've only been working here like 3 1/2 months. So yeah--I'm moving!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 17, 2005, 03:49:14 PM »
The thought of working in a cubicle makes me suicidal.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2005, 03:49:55 PM »
Ditto

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2005, 11:59:19 PM »
Ditto to the ditto.  

I'm happy because I went RIVER RAFTING and it was a BLAST!!!  YAY for being out in the woods with no phone to ring and no computer to sit in front of and a gorgeous river with ducks and otters and big huge rapids.  (Well, only class three, so, sorta huge.)  

It makes me so HAPPY!
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2005, 01:26:53 AM »
I'm happy because my LJ is preeeettyyy. Bear with me while I preen.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2005, 11:47:36 PM »
I'm happy because my server is back up and my avatar is back therefor.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 21, 2005, 01:02:40 AM »
FINALLY! The movers are actually physically at my house. They're parking the truck in front of my building. I will FINALLY have my stuff. This has been such a nightmare. I just want them to drop my stuff off and leave and not have to deal with them ever again.

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 21, 2005, 01:15:24 AM »
I'm glad they finally came!!! It's about time. Don't give them ANY money.