General > Rants and Stuff

The Legendary Traveling Pun Circus! Half pun OR YOUR MONEY BACK!!!

(1/6) > >>

sortitus:
I was getting jealous of miyabi's celebration thread (which is awesome, BTW), and I wanted to put this lame pun I made up somewhere when I saw that this here Rants section specifically allows telling stupid jokes. Thank Jark I didn't have to go anywhere else to post. The interwebs are scary. The pun/joke/non-sequitur thingy:

I'm doing my dissertation on humor. In it I prove that there are two kinds of humor: funny and not funny. This statement is the ladder.

I've used it offline to evade telling people what I'm actually doing in college, but nobody got it and/or thought it was funny. I think it works better as a written joke, plus people tend to believe whatever I say, so I hope that it gets a better (or at least more extreme) reaction here.

I made the poll so you can change your answers! Just in case, I guess!

Everybody else, post the puns! This thread is'pun! (Woo! Triple wordplay pun! Raise your hand if you got it!)

The Jade Knight:
If you haven't read his work (not sure if it's published yet, if not, contact him), you should read Dallin D. Oaks' work on humour.  Might be right up your alley.

ryos:
He had better be related to Dallin H. Oaks. Otherwise, his parents were just cruel.

The Jade Knight:
His son, actually.

CthulhuKefka:
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. The one turns to the other and says, "Dam!"

What?  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version