Author Topic: review: Equilibrium  (Read 2722 times)

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: review: Equilibrium
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2004, 03:03:23 PM »
Ok. I just reread my review of equilibrium and whoever edited it screwed it up mildly. What I submitted read:

"The leaders reason that sacrificing love and joy is a small price to pay for ridding themselves of hate and anger."

What it says now is:

"The leaders’ reason is that sacrificing love and joy is a small price to pay for ridding themselves of hate and anger."

In my version "reason" is used as a verb.  Perhaps it's not as clear as it could be but at least it doesn't read like a twelve year old wrote it, with no clear antecedent.

Could it be corrected please?
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2004, 03:04:51 PM »
Sigh...  "leaders" is spelled with an apostrophe on the end in the edited version, not a string of nonsense characters.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2004, 03:14:05 PM »
easy there cowboy.

This is called "editing." probably stacer did it, since she's our proofreader/line editor. Or it could be one of the half dozen people with admin authority.

No need to get insulting over an editing disagreement, esp since I can, off hand, think of at least a half-dozen different ways it could have gotten messed up so it looked like it needed correction. I'll change it to what you say.

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2004, 04:21:13 PM »
Roger.  Sorry for the offensive tone.  I reigned it in on the Site News  thread.  

Thanks

-Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2004, 04:28:48 PM »
np.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2004, 10:43:29 AM »
Wow. I just watched it, damn. What an awesome movie. It was fascinating seeing the guy slowly start to feel. Plus, the gunfights and swordfights were great. And finally a film with a swordfight that is realistic - ie, over almost instantly.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2004, 02:18:07 AM »
Yeah. That was a pretty cool movie. With lots of cool things. That was just a lot of awesome. I'm a bit clustered with my thoughts right now so I'll leave them for another time.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2004, 08:23:51 AM »
BTW, the city was named Liberium, not the drug. The drug was named Pre------ i think.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch