Author Topic: Half-Rant; Half-Mancrying  (Read 4804 times)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Half-Rant; Half-Mancrying
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2008, 10:08:40 PM »
Brandon worked a hotel night desk job where guest traffic was low and he could write at work. It's not quite the same thing as a day job.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2008, 11:26:21 PM »
Still, he worked.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

SarahG

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 11:51:17 PM »
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this is sounding more and more like an argument where both sides agree on the main point.  Jade and I both believe that an aspiring writer (such as Silenced Parrot) should find a way to support him/herself while working hard to refine his/her craft and promote his/her writing.  We both agree that EUOL did just that.  It appears to me that our only point of disagreement is on the likelihood of that plan leading to publishing success.  Jade thinks it's almost certain; I think it's a toss-up.
He ate my horse.

hoid354

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 01:56:02 AM »
Brandon worked a hotel night desk job where guest traffic was low and he could write at work. It's not quite the same thing as a day job.
No, its not. Its a night job  ;D.

Madjius

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2009, 03:39:21 AM »
I hope I don't Seem like a complete [expl del].

When I was young, I had everything. I had girls, I had family, I had security.
Then one day, "Im grown up". At the age of 3.
My first Collission with the earth, Cracked my skull and twisted several joints.
At age 6 I was unable to play socker with the other kids, my knees where giving in.
I was simply too weak.
My anger at being afraid started when I couldnt jump down the pool with my "friends".
I had to build my self, brace my self, for every jump.
Then I snaped. All was black and I'm 10 years older.
I realise mother and father are not always right, So i build up anger to counter the despair.
My faith at that time was in their WORDS.

So I shun them from my social circle, I havent regreted a DAY of being born. Not today. =)

Thank you it was a pleasant read.

Who wrote this shirt? its awesome. :D

Its I!
Ty jade
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:52:21 PM by Madjius »