Departments > Music

Cool Concerts

(1/4) > >>

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock:
Alright, starting a topic. Making coffee, getting busy. Anyways,

here you should discuss recent concerts you've been to and how cool it was/was not. Or if you remember some really awesometacular concert you went to way back when you were someone else's age, then mention it.

Last night, Tuesday the 7th of November, I went to Toronto to see Bob Dylan in concert. Yes, it was pretty cool. Also, the Foo Fighters opened for him with an acoustic set. It was a rocking fun evening.

Of course, as you may expect, Dylan was mostly unintelligble, aside from when he would really kick into the chorus. I only knew so much of the songs he was singing because I've heard them before.

The band that played with him was pretty kicking, as the sound I think they were playing was a southern country-rock-blues kind of sound. It added a fresh turn to some oldies from songs like "Tangled Up in Blue" to "Maggie's Farm."

Foo Fighters played a good set too. He even played that one song where there's a lot of screaming, explaining afterwards that he usually doesn't play that in his acoustic sets since he doesn't play in arena's often and didn't want to upset the crowds in the smaller venues.

So yes, overall, good night.

dawncawley:
Well, I don't think that I have been to a concert since 1990, isn't that sad, but I went to see Rush that year and I thought that for three guys they totally rocked.

Oh, wait..... I did go to a Lilith Fair about six years ago, with Natalie Merchant, Indigo Girls, India Arie and many others, and that was even better than the Rush concert, especially since it was outside under the stars on a warm summer night.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
* SaintEhlers has an anyeurism.
"for three guys?" I'm very sorry, but Rush rocks no matter how many guys you think it normally takes to rock. They are rockin' dudes.

dawncawley:
Please don't have a stroke, I know that sounded bad, but that so was NOT the way that I meant it.  :-[ I have liked Rush since I was a kid, and was thrilled to get to go to a concert of theirs. All I meant was that in this day of having four or more people per band, I thought that with only the three of them they rocked. Sorry.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
ROCKS!

ROCKS I TELL YOU!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version