Author Topic: Yet Another Call For Articles  (Read 66512 times)

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
Re: Yet Another Call For Articles
« Reply #270 on: April 27, 2006, 03:38:55 PM »
Geek Girl's in, though it probably needs some heavy editing, as I haven't read it since I wrote it.  Which was about 30 seconds ago.  Whoops.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #271 on: April 27, 2006, 03:41:14 PM »
I'll do that tomorrow.

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 01, 2006, 12:19:20 PM »
Ok.  The Gibbs Brothers have beaten me to giving United 93 a 6 clock review.  It's in the queue.  I think it should go up today even if there's something else too.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #273 on: May 01, 2006, 03:35:48 PM »
e's not around (I'm pretty sure they had their baby over the weekend) so I will post this. It will be later this afternoon, when I get more time.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 02, 2006, 11:31:07 AM »
Dude.

Poke.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 03, 2006, 01:06:54 PM »
The review of "Stick It" in movies is waiting and ready to be posted.

Also, there's a review of "Carrie" from a new guy in the queue.

Also, there's a review of M:I III in MY queue that will be ready for posting on Friday.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 01:07:38 PM by Skar »

-Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #276 on: May 03, 2006, 01:22:35 PM »
I thought we'd see a Behind the Counter by now *glares at JEffe*
I will probably run an RPG today and one of hte movies tomorrow. Which do you think you'd rather have first? We'll have a Nerdery on Friday, and I'd rather not double up. Can you have MI3 ready for tomorrow possibly?

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 03, 2006, 01:31:15 PM »
MI3 doesn't open until Friday so it should go up on that day and not before.  However, Stick It would work well tomorrow.  It released recently.  Carrie can be used whenever you want to fill a gap.

-Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #278 on: May 03, 2006, 01:41:12 PM »
Wow.  What difference does a Day make?  We'll just run it late Thursday so those planning on going to a midnight showing of MI 3 can have a review to read.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #279 on: May 03, 2006, 01:41:39 PM »
Why can't it go up the day before? is that part of the agreement? Lots of places run reviews the day before release

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: May 03, 2006, 01:54:21 PM »
Meh.  The marketing firm that sends me screening invites asks me not to run the review before the day the film opens but this one didn't come from them.

Run MI3 tomorrow (I'll have it ready today/tonight).  Run "Stick It" on Friday.  I know it doubles up with The Nerdery but it's in the theaters and the sooner we get it up the better.

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2006, 01:59:48 PM »
I like that plan. So many of our reviews are late, it's nice to have an early one now and then.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #282 on: May 04, 2006, 11:18:25 AM »
Skar, I've been thinking about it, and I'd really rather not run a movie review tomorrow if the Nerdery gets submitted.

My reasons are thus: We're running films today, and running another tomorrow will be a bit repetitive. In addition, we've had a real drought of articles lately. for two weeks we ran only 3 articles a week. While we're doing better (if we go with my plan, 4 this week, having missed monday, and we'll actually have just enough to fill out next week), I'm not confident that the drought won't return the third week of May.

What I'd like to do is run M-I:3 today, Nerdery tomorrow, Stick it on Monday, and push back Page 33 to next Tuesday. Then Carrie Wednesday, a new game on Thursday, and Geek Girl on Friday next week.

Skar

• Level 54
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: May 04, 2006, 11:58:30 AM »
No prob.  Go with your plan.  The MI3 review is up as an admins only review, ready for your tender administrations and blurbage.

-Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: May 04, 2006, 04:30:33 PM »
BTC 3 is in. It also probably needs heavy editing. Still recovering from the night shift.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 04:31:09 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!