Author Topic: Oregion country are insane.  (Read 989 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Oregion country are insane.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2004, 11:20:12 AM »
Yeah, someone told me about that last night. It's getting crazy over here. I still haven't heard what Mass. has decided, or if they have. The fervor has died down around here a little. I think it's been filibustered over and over so that it's never actually gotten to a vote.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2004, 11:33:17 AM »
*sigh* What is the world coming too? "We don't have a solution, let's not do anything instead of decidign for ourselves."

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2004, 11:35:29 AM »
Yeah I agree with that sentiment....
Take a frickin stand...
Do they really think that stopping all marriges is a good idea?
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 01:03:01 PM »
Strom Thurmond did such a lovely job during the Civil RIghts bill.  I was wondering who was going to carry on in his stead.

Nice to see the memory of one weird, twisted, lecherous old man lives on.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2004, 01:19:17 PM »
I wanted to take this point to repost my *Favorite* TheOnion article since 9/11.  (the "Suicide Terrorists Surprised to Find Selves in Hell" was pure perfection.)

But I can't find it.  I was about how since Massachusetts eliminated heterosexual marriages, and mandated everyone to marry someone of the same gender.

Marshall added: "Since the allowance of gay marriage undermines heterosexual unions, we decided to work a few steps ahead and strike down opposite-sex unions altogether."

Hundreds of confused but vocal protesters lined the street outside the statehouse Monday night, waving both American and rainbow flags. Their chants, which broke out in pockets up and down the street, included, "Hey hey, ho ho, homophobia's got to go, but frankly, this is fucked up" and "Adam and Eve or Adam and Steve, but not Adam and Some Random Guy." Others held signs that read, "On Second Thought, Boston Christians Are Willing To Consider A Compromise.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan