Departments > Movies and TV

Treme

(1/2) > >>

Jexral:
I feel like I've been posting a lot of these different topics about things I've been watching... is it bugging you guys?

Actually on topic:

I just caught the first episode of this show today, shortly after learning of its existence.  It's from David Simon, the mastermind behind The Wire of which I have only seen the first season, but quite loved it.  Set in New Orleans three months after Hurricane Katrina, it follows a number of different characters, ranging from Jazz musicians to lawyers, through their lives in the city.  Like The Wire it is deeply complex, and each character is multi-faceted, but it never feels like too much.  It feels like watching actual people living through the tragic events.

I know that it is green-lit for a second season, thank goodness, and I fully intend to finish this season, and watch the next.  HBO always seems to deliver on its content.  I'm interested in a couple of shows that they are producing right now... Boardwalk Empire, set during prohibition, and written by writers from The Sopranos, and Game of Thrones, which I am sure most of you are familiar with.

Anyway, anyone else seen Treme?  If not, I fully recommend that you check it out if you get the chance.  Make the chance if you can.  :)

guessingo:
I watched a few episodes and found the show incredibly boring.

Jexral:
Really?  Wow!  I just love it.  Though... It seems like a lot of the things that I love, other people find quite boring.  <shrug>

guessingo:
It is a stereotyped view of new orleans. Most people down there are not chefs or musicians.

guessingo:
HBO has a new series starting in the fall called Boardwalk Empire. It is about the start of prohibition and organized crime in Atlantic City. It looks good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version