Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 21625 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #255 on: December 07, 2004, 06:38:52 PM »
They're not really enforcing the rules, but in my experience no one's really breaking them either. It's a very loosely-defined sort of roleplaying, but mostly I like because it's got a small population of people who you know are there to have fun. So yay.

I haven't found a guild, but I haven't really been looking. My playing will be so sparse during December that I won't keep pace with anyone, so I haven't bothered making any friends yet. I'm trying to come up with a good character for my Undead Warrior, though.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 07, 2004, 06:49:14 PM »
You mean a good character background? Hm. If we're going to brainstorm for those on the forums, we should probably make a new thread for it. That sort of thing expands quickly.

It's good to hear that the RPers haven't gotten out of hand yet, or rather that there isn't a significan't non-RPer presence on those servers yet.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2004, 08:53:26 PM »
I don't mind haveing an alliance on CC for the fun of it, but I've allready got too much invested on Hyjal.  A good guild, lvl 28 character ect.  And I doubt I'll play much on any other character until I get to a point of bordem with this character.  I realy don't feel like doing another horde character right now, though that may change later on.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #258 on: December 07, 2004, 09:05:37 PM »
Odd, they just removed timezones from the game.  Some times I wonder what Blizz is thinking.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #259 on: December 08, 2004, 11:05:49 AM »
So now what, every realm uses Pacific time? I guess that won't make a real difference in how I play, but it is kind of weird.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #260 on: December 08, 2004, 11:08:12 AM »
They haven't realy said, but I'm assumeing they still have the same times.  I guess Blizz is going to completly redo their sever select features in a later update, but that realy dosen't expain why they couldn't leave the tabs in until they made those changes.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #261 on: December 08, 2004, 11:12:12 AM »
I imagine they're changing it because they have so much time-zone crossover and decided it didn't matter anymore. It's still nice to have them split into time-zones, though so that you have s lightly better chance of finding people who play at the same hours you do.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #262 on: December 08, 2004, 11:14:56 AM »
Time zones don't affect anything in terms of people playing at the same time as you.  People are playing when they're able, not becasue it's 8 pm.  Also they never mattered since night and day don't affect anything game play wise (though Blizz once said there would be day only quests and night only quests).

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #263 on: December 08, 2004, 01:15:22 PM »
Yes, people play when they're able. But I imagine that for a lot of people "when they're able" is more or less the same time of day (after dinner, or after school gets out, or after the kids go to bed, or whatever). So presumably, if a Mountain server is primarily populated with people in the Mountain time zone, then they are going to tend to all be online at similar times. I just don't know if those time will be similar enough, or different enough from other servers, to matter.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #264 on: December 08, 2004, 09:27:55 PM »
So I should join Hyjal then?

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 08, 2004, 09:46:22 PM »
Fellfrosch is on Cenarion Circle it seems and Spriggan is on Hyjal with his old guild. I'm not certain about who else might be playing or where, but those are the two that were posted recently. Fellfrosch seems to have chosen Cenarion Circle exclusively while Spriggan appears to be considering coming to Cenarion Circle when he bores of his rogue, but not until then. We have guild connections on Hyjal, while on Cenarion Circle (to my knowledge) we do not.

My plan is to play with one character on Silver Hand with my old guild, but mostly on the server where everyone here is on. Guessing where that would be when I actually get the game is a little tricky.

Simple, huh?

I'll probably be starting sometime next week around when my brother finishes his finals cause he'll probably be leaving for his in-laws soon after that & we won't be able to give WoW to each other for Christmas very well if he's out of state. My guess.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 09:48:13 PM by Prometheus »
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #266 on: December 08, 2004, 10:00:23 PM »
I have no problem playing on CC when I know others are on it.  I'm not going to swich all my time and effort to CC becasue
1) I know how in frequetly Fell will be playing
2) I don't want to out level him or others (which I can do quite easly)
3) I don't want to give up my old guild for a new server where the most of the time no one from TWG will be on.

So if we can get a set time a week where TWG people get togethor on CC that would be great.  Besides that, if you want to play with me you need to join Hyjal on the Horde side.  I know Gemm is on (I need to message him but keep forgetting) that server.  If others join me on Hyjal I'll make a low level character to play with you on, since I can just support that character with Grokk.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 08, 2004, 10:04:40 PM »
So, I plan on getting WOW for Xmas, and online for the new year (in part because my homegirl Liz Shelton plays WOW) anyone play on the Cental Time Server?
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #268 on: December 09, 2004, 01:01:53 AM »
Well, I'm on Hyjal. And me and some friends are as well. We're Alliance characters though. I know we'll be perusing through some Horde cities though, so if you're on that side, look for us.  ;)
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #269 on: December 09, 2004, 02:27:47 AM »
So, I plan on getting WOW for Xmas, and online for the new year (in part because my homegirl Liz Shelton plays WOW) anyone play on the Cental Time Server?

There are no more Central Time Servers Jeffe, they're all pacific now.  That's what me and Fell were talking about this morning.