Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 21625 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #240 on: November 30, 2004, 03:11:35 AM »
k, I'm in.

Grokk, Troll Rogue, over on Hyjal (pacific server).

what's your warrior's name and level Fell?  Might make a Priest or shamen to play with you when you're on, though I think you'd enjoy playing on Hyjal with my guild better ;D
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #241 on: November 30, 2004, 02:57:30 PM »
Is Hyjal one of the RPs?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #242 on: November 30, 2004, 03:07:13 PM »
no, it's just a standard PvE.

Though there are 2 RP servers on pacific and one of the, Celeron circle (or something to that effect) isn't very populated.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 8
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 30, 2004, 04:51:33 PM »
Still no mountain RP server? If I had a CD key, I'd get on the forums and complain about it. (I'm really bored at work today)
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #244 on: December 01, 2004, 03:15:09 AM »
The reason they're not adding more RP servers or a PVP RP server is the resources needed (this was a blue responce on WoW's forum).  That they're trying to get all the current servers stable and PVP working correctly before adding more.  Also they have to hire, and train, new GM's specificaly for RP servers which they're still doing for all the current servers.  

And from what I've read none of the RP server rules are actualy being enforced at the moment, not just names, but talk in general chat and all the other things.  In fact lots of people have been complaineing about how there are non-RPers on those servers either harrassing RPers or just treating them like normal servers, and people are mad because the GMs aren't doing anything about them.

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 01, 2004, 12:29:36 PM »
My closed beta guild settled on Pacific/Silver Hand for their server, but I'm probably just going to make an off character over there to play with while my others are resting & it still won't be for a while either. They're Alliance anyway, so it shouldn't have much of an effect.
"Shoot Everything. If it blows up or dies, it was bad." -- Things you Learn from Video Games poster

Gemm_Elsewhere

« Reply #246 on: December 01, 2004, 05:23:53 PM »
So, I've finally went and got WoW. I even went so far as to buy the Collectors edition. Now I have to hope that my computer will install it. Elswise I'll be running back and forth from my friends house playing it on his computer. But soon enough I'll be somewhere, living as a troll or something. To arms!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #247 on: December 02, 2004, 03:22:02 AM »
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=143574

Well it's official, on the PvP servers killing a PC lower level then you will not, and will probaly never, give you dishonor becasue it's to "restrictive" to do so.  Aren't you glad I talked you out of playing on one?

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #248 on: December 02, 2004, 10:21:49 AM »
Well, complete awesome. When I try to run WoW it just gives me a big black screen. And when I disable sound, as the tech forum suggested, it gives me an error saying that it can't connect because the whole port blocking issue thing. BUT, my friend here, on campus, plays WoW just fine. Damn this School! I am imperically frustrated!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2004, 01:44:09 AM »
Ok, so I went into a round two with this beast. I got my butt whooped. As in, I tried to unistall it so I could try to reinstall it. NO! DENIED! Apparently the files are corrupt or something. So yeah, awesomely greatness. Tomorrow morning I wiping this thing DRY. And going to give her a nice clean area to dessicrate upon.
                William S. Burroughs

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2004, 05:41:15 PM »
Ok, so I've finally got it working somewhere. So, who are our players, and where will we settle on a server for TWG members who play to fratenize on?
                William S. Burroughs

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2004, 11:28:09 PM »
Sprig, I'm a Troll Hunter on Hyjal. Name's Zakkajj.
                William S. Burroughs

n8sumsion

« Reply #252 on: December 06, 2004, 04:57:38 PM »
I generally find time to play for a few hours a week. I'm playing an Undead Warrior named Norvil on the Silvermoon Server. Currently I'm level 9 (and if you read this any time within a couple weeks of today, I'll probably still be right around that level, plenty of time for you to catch up with me).

Having played many MMORPGs in the past, I am extremely impressed with WoW. I'm having a lot of fun. I think my favorite part of playing an undead is watching them dance. The air guitars and head-banging have me laughing every time.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #253 on: December 06, 2004, 05:19:21 PM »
As promised, I have poked around and tried some different realms and settled on a low-population RP server that I really like. I might go back to Kel-Thuzad on occasion, but for now I'm going to play on Cenarion Circle for both Horde and Alliance. My current main character is an undead warrior named Fellfrosch, but I also have a night elf druid named Arazel that I intend to mess with fairly regularly.

(During December, please not that "regularly" means "whenever I get the chance on someone else's computer, and extremely late at night when I'm home on weekends.)
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Prometheus

• Level 19
  • The Threadslayer
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2004, 06:33:43 PM »
How's the RP server? I've been hearing that due to shortage of resources (probably GMs mostly) that RP servers aren't really enforcing the rules right now, but is it any better? Do you like participating enough to put in the effort? Have you found a guild yet?

I'm not 100% certain when I'll be starting to play, but it sounds like things are settling down in the community as a whole.