Local Authors > Reading Excuses

Just a thought

(1/3) > >>

Silk:
You know, with submissions staggered as they are, (which will probably be something of an issue even if we start submitting more often or whatever we ultimately decide on) I wonder, for the people doing a chapter of their novels every time, should they do a brief recap of what went before? Like, a short paragraph? Or even just include the last paragraph of what they wrote before? I find I'm having just a wee bit of trouble getting back into second chapters.

What do you guys think? Too much work? Not useful enough to bother? Anything else?

Karl:
Well, I'm saying this before I've actually started reading round #2. But I've just been collecting each person's material in their own folder so that if I need to refer back to a previous section I can. And unless otherwise marked I'm making sure I date the files. That way if there are any resubmissions I can tell which was from when.

Now that's all just organizational stuff. It may be quite different once I start reading, or once round #3, 4 & 6 arrive.

M:
I agree with Raethe.  I think we should give a short synopsis of what happened in the previous chapter.  This will be very helpful.  Like Karl, I am organized, but I personally don't want to go back and find old submissions and re-read the ending.  Another benefit to this would be if we were to say...rearrange our story based on feedback given earlier, we can just write a paragraph explaining what has been changed so that the new submission makes sense.  (I plan on doing this based on feedback I have received).  Hope that makes sense.

Oooooo another good reason!  I have tried to read all the submissions, but am guilty of not getting to one or another.  In the case I miss one submission, but want to critique a new one submitted, the introductory paragraph would be way beneficial because I had not read the last chapter. 

Frog:
Yeah, it would have been helpful for those of us that missed the first round...and I don't think it would be that hard to do, based on my own chapters. I'm all for it. :)

Chaos:
It couldn't hurt.

I think there should be a topic where people can request stuff that was submitted, so people like Frog don't miss out on the awesomeness :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version