Alternate Realities > Endless Stars

Sci-Fi Tech Brainstorm

(1/4) > >>

Mr_Pleasington:
I've lately been inspired to return to designing my own strategic play by face/email/message board  4X sci-fi game.

I need some help.  It's not necessary to know anything about the game to help me.  Basically, I need Sciences and research goals that are typical to sci-fi.  I know I could just look up research trees for several video games, but I thought I'd see  what we could come up with.

Some guidelines:
-no weapons. Those will be dealt with later
-keep it fairly broad
-FTL travel has been discovered.

Research is divided into three areas, Military, Science, and Social.   Again, skip military for now.

Here are examples of what I have so far-

Science:
Terraforming
Artificial Intelligence
Total Autonomation (requires A.I.)
Organic Industry

Social:
Cloning Tech
Neural Grafting
Propaganda

Spriggan:
Intresting, I'll come up with some stuff once I get time later in the week.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
You need nanotech, medical research, bionics (for limb replacement), transportation (FTL, "warp" driver or hyperspace/travel, or teleportation, or several of the above). Power research (utilizing alternative energy sources like unused atomic or quantum energy sources, etc).

Legion:
How about....new forms of governements can make up some or use some good paper governements.  Also what about like a refinery type research to enhance the power supply sources.  Maybe some reasearch into reforce building materials to make certain items stronger (like buildings roadways, and other things of that nature)

Will post more when I think of more

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
Anti-gravity (propulsion, materials transport), anti-matter (disposal). Energy projection (for protection for hazardous environments, such as mining or working with radioactive materials or chemicals. energy projection could be used for mining as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version