Author Topic: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekly!  (Read 24367 times)

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: STUDIOBLINKTWICE, new stuff (hopefully!) weekl
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2006, 03:06:45 AM »
Okay, so, a little while ago we did an interview on the AWESOME INDIE SPINNER RACK with the boss-man Charlito. The good news is you can listen to it on-line! Wanna know about the release plans for MOON!? How about the origins of Malcolm? Or maybe you're more interested in the future of One Night in the City? Listen, if you will, to me and the C man discuss all this and much, MUCH more in this special UK Invasion Blink Twice special! Woot!

The show is RIGHT HERE, though you should really listen to as many of the other 'casts as you can, 'cos this is truely a great station. Enjoy!

Here's the poster that the Indiespinner guys asked us to do to advertise the UK Invasion 2-part special:

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2006, 03:06:57 AM »
Okay guys, for those of you who think I never do anything sketchy, here's a shot of the pencils from the last piece, along with some muckety-muck shots of my Thumbnail and rough sketch! Holy smudgy pencils, Batman! Note that there was originally also a forth MOON! buggy in the piece, which I pulled out of the final lay up.

Lorenzo!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2006, 03:24:09 AM »
Hey cool on the interview, now I have something to listen to tomorrow at work, also looking forward to that Movie.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2006, 01:47:57 PM »
Uhmm... I just looked at this thread for the first time. (And boy is it hard to post a reply in, since every single picture shows up in this reply window!)

Are you only interested in doing your own thing? Or do you also work for comics companies on the side? I have a feeling that if you sent samples of your inks to Tim, Bryce, or Troy here at TOKYOPOP, there's a good chance they'd be interested in working with you.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2006, 03:11:21 AM »
Hey Spriggan! Thank you so much!! I hope you enjoy the interview, and hey, just to spruce your day up a little more in a Blink Twice stylee, you may even be able to get today's image to work as a nice sized desktop wallpaper! Cheers!

Hey Ookla! I know, man, tell me about it, may have to start a new thread soon, it is a pain in the a$$, huh? Anyways, well, thanks so much for posting in that case pal! We are essentially a creator-owned project studio, though we do occasionally work with other publishers, it kind of depends on the project being something we can really get into. We like TOKYOPOP, so if the guys there are interested in our stuff or have a project they want to include us in they can contact me me and the team through www.studioblinktwice.com. Hope to hear from you guys! Thanks for the post, pal!

So, here's a detail from the Indie Spinner Rack poster. I'm posting this at bigger-than-big size, as I wanted to show the benefits of using pencil lines as opposed to inked lines in the pages of MOON! My inking, having always been a bit shaky, has never blown up very well. That, and the fact that it is essentially pixelated more by the cleaning process than pencils. So, I though I'd show you this detail of the Indie spinner pic, much larger (in terms of screen size) than the original artwork. I think it blows up pretty good! Plus, it may even be big enough that those of you who are inclined to put this stuff up on your bedroom/studio/office/toilet walls can get a good A4 print off it. Or use it as a wallpaper right on your desktop! Lovely!

Lorenzo!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 03:15:13 AM by Lorenzo »

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2006, 03:13:49 AM »
Well, here we are then, the weekend calls, and I'm off to see my bro, Bob, and our webmaster general Marky this weekend!! With all the Blink boys together for a few days you just KNOW the ideas are gonna fly, so I'm looking forward to diving into that ole' Blink melting pot! In the meantime, I wanted to post another pencils panel from MM11. This shot exemplifies just why I consider Bob's writing to be absolutely perfect! When I read a script that describes a single panel with an 11-stage sequence of Reggy, Chester and Fikov fighting with Sebastian the Bat for Dang's Whirdly Staff whilst on the back of Kenneth, the other Bat, flying precariously over the rooftops of Happy Hippy Dale, I just think: THIS is what comics are about! Here's to you bro! You're a genius, keep this mad stuff coming, there's nothing I'd rather draw!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2006, 04:13:49 AM »
A couple of ONITC web flyers here, one using a panel you've seen before, the other using a new 'un. The full colour version of the second image can be seen over at  ONE NIGHT IN THE CITY, along with all the other panels so far in sequence, of course.

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2006, 02:43:56 AM »
Well folks, I been off inking pages from MM11 the past couple o' days, here's one of them, filmed in "So-damned-much-going-on-I-can't-figure-out-WHAT'S-going-on-o-vision". Hoho!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 25, 2006, 03:51:31 AM »
Now then, after the confusing nature of Friday's piece, here's one that's a little more straight forward, albeit with some elements of the image missing! Here's the Gullivans getting a bit of a shock whilst in the middle of a nice little sit-down meal! Meow! Sound effects and some vector-based action lines will eventually go into the final inks to make this pic complete, but for now, I hope you enjoy the pencils!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 28, 2006, 02:58:31 AM »
On we go, lettering and pencilling!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2006, 02:56:51 AM »
Final steps! In my opinion, the pencilled page is nicer than the inks, but then, that's why I'm doing MOON! all in pencils! Hoho! Hope this has been an interesting little journey, folks! More new images VERY soon!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 03, 2006, 03:00:55 AM »
I was planning out the updates and images I'll be posting up here in the Blink thread for October this weekend, and I gotta say, you guys got some FUN stuff coming!!! Hehe! Won't say any more, but I'd advise you check in on a daily basis, pals! Wheee!

So, it's a CON month, which can only mean one thing, lots and lots of new things! First up, here's the cover to the 5th MOON! Sketchbook, which will be free for every £10 spent at the Blink Twice stand over the weekend of the 28th-29th October at the LONDON MCM EXPO (it's a link, guys!). This little gem in miniature form will be packed with 12 pages of scetches, scribblings, and other such delights from the world of MOON! All that, and there are only ever gonna be 50 numbered and signed beauties made! More on this soon, for now, just check out the cov!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2006, 03:30:30 AM »
I've posted a lot of B&W stuff recently, which is all well and good, but for those of you who like the colours, let's go back to that Girl in the City...

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 05, 2006, 03:01:03 AM »
So, another MOON! character colour sketch today, this one from a very top-secret MOON! project - but we shouldn't even be talking about that right now! Instead, just sit back, and check out this guy's dental work! Hoho!

Lorenzo!

Lorenzo

• Level 5
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 09, 2006, 03:17:38 AM »
Well here we are folks, Monday morn! I promised you something fun for today, and I hope I deliver. We've never produced a print or poster of any kind before (because, well, it's all about the comics, baby!), so when Bob and I decided it was time we did, the task was set upon with Gusto! We wanted it to be a MOON! image, but rather than just a standard splash-style pic, I wanted to produce something which would show what the INTERIOR art will be like in MOON! So here it is, available in a strict edition of just 30 A3 high-res prints, all to be sold at the LONDON MCM EXPO on the 28th-29th of this month, the first ever Blink Print...

This is what every page of MOON! is gonna look like, folks! YES you should be excited! Hoho!

Whoop!

Lorenzo!