Author Topic: Favorite Sci-fi Television Series  (Read 4695 times)

NiceGuy

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Ya just had to go and make me change my profile.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Sci-fi Television Series
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2004, 01:18:33 PM »
I'm with the author, Stargate SG-1 is the best.  It has good effects, great plots, and fabulous characters.  The interaction between Jack and Daniel is some of the best written dialog on television.  It's one of the only series where I can see a show in rerun and watch it again and enjoy it.

I've also liked Bablyon 5, ST:TNG, ST:DS9 after O'Brian and Worf moved over, but before Dax died, and the episodes of Voyager that focused on Tom Paris and B'Lanna (sp?) Torres, who both had great character arcs over the course of the series.  Janeway sucked, though.

Buffy is fun to watch, but, as has been mentioned, it's not specifically catering to a popular audience.  The dialog is full of the things people wish they could have said after the fact, but when I listen closely, most of the back and forth comes off lame.  Still, fun to watch.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 01:19:13 PM by NiceGuy »

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
Re: Favorite Sci-fi Television Series
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2004, 05:40:24 PM »
I wasnt exactley insulting it...
SG-1 is my fave sci-fi series, but my first impression of it was that it was a cheap effort to milk stargate for allit's worth. also Richard dean anderson is hilarious, he has the best timing i've ever seen.
Has anyone seen the new episodes, where daniel and his buddy got kidnapped by nicaraguan terrorists while searching for the fountain of youth.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/