Departments > Books

What are you reading, part 3

<< < (3/369) > >>

Nessa:
Did you read the first? I'm thinking of buying the paperback.

Sigyn:
Yes, I read the first (His Majesty's Dragon), and it is great.  I'm probably going to buy it as soon as I have some fun money to spare.

Chimera:
The other day I read Kiki Strike and the Shadow City, a YA book that was first published by an independent press then did so well it was picked up by Bloomsbury (I read about it in Publishers Weekly). In fact, I wrote about it in one of my blogs. I wonder if I could turn it into a book review for TWG with very little trouble...

While in Newport Beach, I read Heaven's Eyes by David Almond which, for all its hype, was not my favorite of his books. (If you're going to read a David Almond book--and you should, because his prose is beautiful and he does magical realism right--read Kit's Wilderness and Skellig.) On the airplane home from California I started and finished The Devil and Miss Prim by Paulo Coelho (author of The Alchemist fame). I enjoyed it for what it was--a very allegorical novel without deep characterization that explored interesting philosophical questions. And today I read the graphic novel Fables: Legends in Exile, which was a very interesting fairytale retelling in modern New York.

Yeah, I read a lot. When I can't sleep, I read (and write).

WriterDan:
There's this great, new website where you can track what you're reading, what you plan to read, write book reviews, etc called ChainReading.  Check it out: www.chainreading.com     It's fairly new, but still quite impressive.  Works great for this kind of thing.

fuzzyoctopus:
So.... that was kind of spam, but actually related spam and quite interesting.   Will I be shunned if I sign up?

"Singer from the Sea", by the way, is a way better book to read, and much happier than "Gate to Women's Country."  Ms. Tepper is inspiring me to great feministic heights as a writer. Also, the copy I have includes a sample of itself in the pack as part of the "also from this publisher!" section.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version