Author Topic: Matrix Reloaded ****Spoilers****  (Read 2798 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Matrix Reloaded ****Spoilers****
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2003, 03:55:20 PM »
Ok. Just saw it. Awesome film.

Me and my dad talked about it on the way home, and we arrived at the same conclusion as Mr P. We regarded Neo and the Ones as sort of house cleaning programs - the ones who cleaned up the rebellion etc.

Some random thoughts:

- The agent smith fight sucked. It was too long and was not impressive enough to count. Didn't like it at all.
- The whole flying through the air thing sucked. It helped the story, but it looked crap.
- The car chase was awesome. The virus agents were kinda "meh"
- Zion was cool. The idea of using a mini-matrix for controlling the gates was very clever, and the dreadnought they showed was really cool. And damn, nice party!
- Was it just me, or is Zion predominately black?
- How come nobody knows how to remove rust? C'mon guys, just because you are the beseiged survivors of armageddon doesn't give you an excuse to get lazy with the cleaning.
- I didn't really like how agent smith did a Gimli and started spouting one liners. It didn't fit his persona in the first film, which i really liked.
- Am i correct in thinking that only 2 ships survived, Narobi's one and the Hem, which picked up Morpheous' crew and was the only survivor of the failed ambush?
- Did anyone else pick up on this: The architect said "There are levels of survival we are prepared to accept". This suggests a council type rulership of the machines.
- Did anyone else find it amusing that a big baddy was french? ;)
- A thought... Neo rejects saving humanity. He promptly gains powers that have effect outside humanities prision. Interesting.

Finally, my guess for the 3rd film is as follows. At the end of the movie there is... what? 18 hours until zion is nailed. The 3rd film will focus upon those 18 hours and the 4 factions - The rebels (led by the 2 surviving ships), the machines (led by the mysterious Architect, who is presumably the core program), Agent Smith (who now combines the powers of Neo and the other agents), and that french dude and his agents, both throwbacks and viri ones.

All in all, i loved it.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch