Author Topic: Superfly Weekend Edition (Just a dollar extra!!!!)  (Read 11111 times)

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
Re: Superfly Weekend Edition (Just a dollar extra!
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2005, 11:23:40 PM »
So I went to church, and could barely sit up straight, so I thought it best to come home and rest again. But I'll have to go back and practice my trio piece for next week's Christmas program. I'm very glad church is only about 6 blocks away. I think it's better than it was yesterday.

And I was actually up last night, Chimera, but I didn't check TWG till after you were off. My poor cat is bewildered by the number of piles of stuff I'm surrounded by on the couch right now. I was scanning things for my portfolio while surrounded by piles of books, all the books I've been meaning to read for forever. I've started Lulu Dark Can See Through Walls, but I got bored, so I went to Rhymes with Witches but that was even more annoying, so now I'm on the 2nd volume of the Midnighters series. Hopefully it will stand up to my expectations, as the first book was really good.

Curses! You mean I finally fell asleep when you were on?

Well, some sleep is better than no sleep. I'm actually feeling alright today--which means that it will be tomorrow that I start feeling the lack of sleep. There is always a consequence when I have a bout of insomnia--even if it is delayed for a bit.  :P

But right now I feel fine. So I shall eat, drink hot cider, and be merry! Huzzah!
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2005, 02:36:58 AM »
Are you feeling any better today, stacer?

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2005, 03:46:52 AM »
Better, but not 100%. Went to the dr. this morning, and it turns out she's had it, along with 2 others of her patients, and she had no idea what it was. She had the other patients out for cat scans and MRIs because it freaked her out, it was so bad right at first (which is why I stayed home and moaned and moped all weekend). But the biggest part of the pain and swelling goes away in a few days (today it's much better than Saturday), and then the rest of the pain and stiffness linger for another 2 weeks. So, I won't be able to fully turn my head for a while, which kind of makes driving iffy, but I survived today. If it's still bad tomorrow, I'm calling in sick or working from home, but I'm hoping it's better.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2005, 12:23:57 PM »
Hope you're getting better. Sorry I didn't respond. I fell asleep with my laptop on and open to TWG (among other things), so it looked like I was logged on all night.  :-[

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2005, 12:28:54 AM »
Heh. I do that all the time myself. I stayed home today, and how I slept! Not only did I sleep in till about 9, I fell asleep again at 1 and slept till just now (8pm). Wow, that felt good.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 29, 2005, 03:02:37 AM »
I miss my night crew.  But then, I miss a lot of things.  It doesn't change much.

I was going to ramble, because I'm lonely and bored, but I've just run out of the motivation to ramble, which means I've probably reached a point of apathy too.  Oh well.  
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 29, 2005, 06:03:35 PM »
Superfly Jeff hurts from moving...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #97 on: December 30, 2005, 08:34:32 AM »
Superfly Jeffe should take a superfly break and come visit superfly Eric so I can buy him a superfly Jamba.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 30, 2005, 02:38:47 PM »
superfly Jeffe cant, cause superfly Jeffe is putting in his superfly time at the USCG. The NRC is having its diaspora...

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 30, 2005, 03:28:12 PM »
Heh. I do that all the time myself. I stayed home today, and how I slept! Not only did I sleep in till about 9, I fell asleep again at 1 and slept till just now (8pm). Wow, that felt good.

I miss you MsFish.  :'(

I hate it in California. I don't want to be here. I miss my friends. I miss Utah--even if it is horribly cold.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2005, 03:48:58 PM »
Oddly Fishy is in Cali right now...
and probably feeling quite similar.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2005, 03:50:01 PM »

I miss you MsFish.  :'(

I hate it in California. I don't want to be here. I miss my friends. I miss Utah--even if it is horribly cold.

Horribly cold?  What are you talking about it's been in the 40s for over a week.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2005, 09:47:25 PM »
Maybe it is because I was born in upstate New York and lived there for quite a while, but I honestly don't feel like Utah is that cold. I never wear a jaket or coat unless I'm going on some scout trip in the mountains, like our winter campout where we have to pitch our tents on a couple feet of snow and hike in on snowshoes. I mean this year the tempuratures have been below zero more than usual, but without three and a half to four and a half feet of snow it just doesn't get to me.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 09:48:05 PM by OneEyedGreenPerson »
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2005, 10:54:25 PM »

Horribly cold?  What are you talking about it's been in the 40s for over a week.

To someone used to upper 60s + for a high in the winter, 40s are cold. Especially when it gets below freezing at night.  :P

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 31, 2005, 03:53:21 AM »
I just realized that I quoted the wrong person in my post above. I meant to quote MsFish saying she missed a lot of things. Oh well. You all got my gist.

I'm feeling less grumpy now. Talked to some people on the phone. And set aside some time to write. So I'm doing better. But I still miss Utah--because of the people.

Oh well. Four months isn't forever (though somedays it feels like it is).