Local Authors > Stephanie Fowers

Let the Games Begin!!!

<< < (4/12) > >>

chrissmith:
I like everyone else ideas so far. :)

If I could choose someone or something, they definitely would be a super hero.  Forget beasts that must be tamed, I could get killed.  I want something that is already civilized.

That hero must start out with humble beginnings so they wouldn’t have a swell head.  They’d need to be able to understand the feelings of everyone else who lacks unearthly abilities.  They must care about the others they come in contact with.

They would have to be tough but soft.  I know that sounds confusing, but they would  have to genuinely care about others, and yet be able to handle the powerful villains who are obsessed with power and greed.  Their heart must be pure and full of light.

Since the super heroes who go through trials seem to capture the heart more, I would want one that struggled to overcome.  They must not give up easily, but hang on through the dark times until the sunrise comes.  That sounds a lot like Luke Skywalker.   Does he count? 

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:

--- Quote from: chrissmith on September 16, 2007, 07:11:44 PM ---That hero must start out with humble beginnings so they wouldn’t have a swell head. They’d need to be able to understand the feelings of everyone else who lacks unearthly abilities. They must care about the others they come in contact with.
--- End quote ---

You obviously haven't heard about Hal Jordan/Green Lantern/Parallax who tried to destroy the universe because a bad guy killed his girlfriend.

--- Quote from: chrissmith on September 16, 2007, 07:11:44 PM ---They would have to be tough but soft. I know that sounds confusing, but they would have to genuinely care about others, and yet be able to handle the powerful villains who are obsessed with power and greed. Their heart must be pure and full of light.
--- End quote ---

Like the Punisher, who is out to kill all criminals

--- Quote from: chrissmith on September 16, 2007, 07:11:44 PM ---Since the super heroes who go through trials seem to capture the heart more, I would want one that struggled to overcome. They must not give up easily, but hang on through the dark times until the sunrise comes. That sounds a lot like Luke Skywalker. Does he count?
--- End quote ---

I think you're too picky.

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

Nessa:

--- Quote from: chrissmith on September 16, 2007, 07:11:44 PM ---Forget beasts that must be tamed, I could get killed. 
--- End quote ---

Awwwww, maaaaan! You ruin all the fun with your rational approach to such an irrational thing as dating!  ;)

guitarbabe:
Hmmmph! I think it's brilliant, Chris!  But then I'm partial to superheroes myself...or villains, whatever. He'll always be 'my' superhero no matter what he does. So there!--everybody out there in the world! Yeah, I'm talking to you!

Would that be bad if I won my free book?--'cause whenever I see my amazing reasoning (which is very ironic because love is never very reasonable), I'm just so very proud of myself!

Just kidding guys, sheesh! I LOVE all the answers so far...though some of them DON'T count! C'mon! You've got to give your own reason for falling for some crazy creature NOT some crazy debate against someone else's! And I'm not changing the rules either! So forget it!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
hey, i *posted* my reasons. I just think the other ones are invalid, making mine much better

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version