Author Topic: Revenge of the Sith  (Read 18335 times)

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Sith
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2005, 05:12:35 PM »
Nope, he didn't.  And I got up early this morning to see if anything was waiting for me.  Nada. If he really submitted it, it wasn't to the movies section.

E, are you planning to go in and clean this up yourself?  Is your sister-in-law's name really Liisa, with two 'I's?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 05:13:32 PM by Skar »
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2005, 05:19:37 PM »
I've known a couple of Liisas. He was consistent with it, so I assume it's correct.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 19, 2005, 05:44:07 PM »
Yup, that's why I asked instead of just changing it.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2005, 09:29:41 AM »
two I's yes. It's the Finnish form. like Kirsti, and Heidi, and Anders. My father-in-law really likes Finland.

I didn't send it to Skar because at first I wasn't even going to put in an actual movie review at all, just the experience. But since we didn't get one last week like we thought, I changed my mind at the last minute.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2005, 02:36:37 PM »
Sith made a reported 16 million just from the midnight wensday showings.  Double what RoTK did at it's midnight showings.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #215 on: May 20, 2005, 03:46:46 PM »
RT has a good news story, According to it the adveare tomato score of the original trilliogy is 54%, the prequils is 70%.  To get the original score they went back to newpapers during the 70s and 80s and took those reviews instead of useing the ones on their site that were from people doing reviews of the special editions.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comments/?entryid=197859

31% - Return of the Jedi
52% - The Empire Strikes Back
79% - Star Wars

are the respected rateings

Also from the article

As one can see, only Star Wars managed to be Fresh, with a respectable 79% on the Tomatometer, while the other two sequels got successively worse. Most of the critics thought the first film was an inventive, fun, and entertaining summer popcorn movie. It's interesting that they complain about the dialogue back then too. Empire, which is regarded as the best of the series nowadays, only managed to score a mixed 52%. It received great technical grades, but critics had problems with the plot, one way or other, and thought it was just minor entertainment. It got worse with Jedi uneven pacing, no character development, tired acting, and hollow and junky filmmaking. It scored a moldy 30% on the Tomatometer. Prequels were probably the last thing critics wanted back then after the thrashing of the last film.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 03:49:29 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 20, 2005, 08:41:31 PM »
I love how so many film critics are baffled by the success of Star Wars. It tells me that many critics need to lighten-up some and get in touch with more people.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.