Author Topic: Lost *Spoiled*  (Read 19517 times)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Lost *Spoiled*
« on: September 23, 2004, 09:30:04 AM »
So I watched this last night. And it actually wasn't that bad, at first. And then Towards the end of the show they had some kind of large animal or something knocking down trees and such. Then some of them went to find the pilot and see if they could send a signal, found the pilot alive, he ends up being man-slaughtered by the thing and they run away.

So it seems to me that it's just digressing into some kind of Jurassic Park or Lost World crap. But hopefully we'll see what it's really all about next week.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Dex1138

• Level 8
  • Resident Star Wars Geek
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
Re: Lost *Spoiled*
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 09:45:14 AM »
I thought it was great. Had some very intense moments for a tv show. It will be interesting to see what develops. By the very nature of the show the majotiry of it has to be character driven and with 48 survivors, an unknown thing(s) lurking in the jungle and a mysterious dog there should be plenty of stories to tell.

What are your thoughts on the rocker-guy? In the flashback it seemed the attendents were chasing him down the aisle. Then when they got to the cockpit later he was in the bathroom, maybe not heading nature's call. Does he have a thing for airplane bathrooms?

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 09:54:00 AM »
you know, fi you hadn't put the name of a TV show in the subject line, I'd be convinced you were just doing a Gemm thing.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 09:56:07 AM »
hehe
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 10:13:05 AM »
I found this just flipping through channels, and not even knowing what it was, it intrigued me from the first moments. I don't think they need the big monster thing. I am also wondering what's up with Merry/rocker guy. Maybe he's a spy that blew up the plane. Maybe he has a thing for feeling safe in enclosed places.

At any rate, it was intriguing enough to make me forget I had resolved to turn off the TV and do my homework. Now I'm making up for that today.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 11:00:41 AM »
Oh, don't get me wrong. I found it really intriguing and all that. I just found the whole monster lurking in the unknown kind of silly.

I wasn't able to catch the very beginning. I missed maybe the first 10 minutes. But it wasn't too bad.
                William S. Burroughs

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 11:10:22 AM »
I'm also interested to see in coming shows more of what happened on the plane. I have a feeling it may become one of those things where they have to hide the backstory from you at first so as not to give everything away.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2004, 01:41:49 AM »
Whoa.

Episode 4 was VERY INTERESTING. The Locke character they focused on today was one of the most conflicted and fascinating characters I've seen on television.

When that dude was picking on him at work, my roommate was saying "why would the dude at work be picking on a guy who looks as scary as that?" And then we finally saw that he had been in a wheelchair the whole time, and I said "NOW we know why that guy was picking on him!"

That was a real WOW moment. This dude was built up to be spooky and scary, to be crazy and delusional, and now I have no idea what to think. Here's a guy who for one reason or another was in a wheelchair for 4 years, and then all of a sudden stands up and walks...is this supposed to be inspirational? Was his previous condition purely psychological?

And what's the monster? Why isn't he saying anything?

Arrgh.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2004, 09:55:37 AM »
I saw the first episode of this and have missed every single episode since then. One of these days I'll think to set the VCR to tape it, but so far that hasn't happened.  :-/
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2004, 10:32:38 AM »
I missed last nights. Was printing some stuff off for a paper. But I do like the show. It seems I'm able to catch every other episode. Saw one, missed two. Saw three, missed four... yeah.
                William S. Burroughs

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 10:03:47 AM »
There are some good bit torrent websites where you can download missed episodes from. Not sure if I'm supposed to talk about stuff like that here so PM me for more info.

It's a rare moment that a tv show makes my jaw drop and this week's episode sure was one of those times. Just...wow. Did Locke kill the monster? Did it give him the boar? And what's up with the mysterious guy in the suit?
I really hope that if this show is ever cancelled that they can wrap it up nicely. Definately my favorite new show this year...not that there's much to choose from.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 10:09:14 AM by Dex1138 »

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »
yeah, just the daily disclaimer: TWG does not support illegal file sharing, and we discourage discussion of it on our forums. Nuff said.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 10:49:29 AM »
Yeah, no talking about bittorrent on our forum. That's what suprnova.org forums are for...
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

Dex1138

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Page
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2004, 11:08:46 AM »
ABC has ordered a full seasons-worth of episodes so I'm a happy camper.
We were saying at the start of last night's why are they getting the Doc? Can't anyone else do anything? Then we get a whole episode exploring the leader thing.
And then there were 46...
"A leader can't lead until he knows where he's going."

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2004, 12:51:08 AM »
Wootly Woot!