Author Topic: Fell?  (Read 6198 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Fell?
« on: October 01, 2003, 07:09:39 AM »
Hey. I was just wondering when, if ever, you were intending on starting to reply to emails? I mean, maybe its just me, but here in Britain we regard it as common courtesy to respond to people when they ask you something. And its pretty annoying when i am offering to review something nobody else is, and request the books in the line so that i can review them, and get nothing but a wall of silence from you. Not exactly the way to encourage more reviews.

If you don't want me to continue reviewing the WAB line then fine, don't ask for review materials from them. But at least SAY SO! I am not a clairvoyant here, i need to have a response from people to know what they think of something. If it is so tragically difficult for you to actually put in the 30 seconds of effort to send a reply back, then i guess i'll have to forget the concept of asking you things in emails and stick to asking people who know how to click the "reply" button.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2003, 11:54:55 AM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Fell?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 11:26:36 AM »
While not replying to an e-mail can be considered rude, it is often good to give the other party the benefit of the doubt. Perhaps Fell had a computer crash or a virus or something or he might have been out finding a job.

Cursing at the other party is not a good way to get them to respond quickly either.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 11:31:00 AM »
As usual, there are two sides to this story.
Yeah, Entropy, cussing Fell out isn't going to make him happy (even though he's generally so nice that he will respond to it at least).
However, I happen to know that Fell has taken about a month to respond to this. So I really see why Entropy is upset
On the other other hand, I already have told Entropy that I sent those emails re: WAB. So I have no idea why he's still bothering Fell about it. They've been contacted. If they don't reply, it has nothing to do with what TWG is doing. I'll let you know when I hear something.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 11:53:19 AM »
I thought you said you couldn't email about WAB, since fell handled GW?
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 12:00:38 PM »
He's scottish though, so its not like it shouldn't be expected of him. You know? Like what!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 12:09:39 PM »
Saint has asked me about several companies, and I'm still looking for my list (I lost it when I unpacked my office) so that I can tell him what's going on. WAB was not among them, however. And yes, American GW has always gone through me, but since anything that gets sent to you will likely come from the UK GW, Saint is free to request it for you.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 05:02:03 PM »
er.. I did say that originally, and then mailed them anyway.... er... whew. Glad that worked out....

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 09:29:40 PM »
Saint has asked me about several companies, and I'm still looking for my list (I lost it when I unpacked my office) so that I can tell him what's going on. WAB was not among them, however. And yes, American GW has always gone through me, but since anything that gets sent to you will likely come from the UK GW, Saint is free to request it for you.

Well, thats nice. Just a pity you felt the need to bottle this information up until i had to rant about it.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 12:13:50 AM »
er... I didn't send anything to GW. Everyone else, but not GW. I'll send that right away (oops)