Author Topic: TWG : When Ego's Collide  (Read 14829 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
TWG : When Ego's Collide
« on: May 12, 2003, 03:33:31 PM »
Ok. So my frankly lopsided imagination came up with this. Make of it what you will. Spriggan seemed to be amused when i bounced it off of him (i use him as a mobile target with regards to forum posts at times).

I had this wierd idea that, when TWG (inevitably) becomes famous and big with lots of forum guys, we will end up with the current batch of personalities forming philosophical factions.  You know, the Fellfrosch faction, the Spriggan faction etc. Each of these would struggle to control the main boards, with each possessing its own board. The leaders (Mr P, Tage etc) would give directives that encouraged bitter clashes in these boards.

There would also be a mysterious board that only the leaders could view or post on. Within this, we would all be having a right good snicker at the rest of the forum, having competitions to see who could generate the most fanboy frenzy.

The fun part : what would your faction be like? Mine would probably be full of semi-psychopathic FPS gamers with a strong bent towards playing dark and evil characters.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: TWG : When Ego's Collide
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 03:37:52 PM »
You mean this ISN'T already happening?!?!??!

*questions reality and checks the labels on his prescription drugs*

On a (realtively more) serious note, it sounds like a game of Troll: The Provoking (as invented by the lads at CM) gone horribly awry.

On the other hand, perhaps we need to make a TWG CCG.

Oh, and my faction would have snooty but discontented intellectuals analyzing every one else's posts until they submitted.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 03:42:29 PM »
Ha yes. I always thought i should strong arm spriggan into making a TWG beat em up, with special attacks (The entropy warhammer toss, the SE analysis assault, the Spriggan "rename enemies so they turn into wierd collecions of syllables" attack - with special graphics [i always thought that spriggans one should have streams of gibberish being fired from his character]).

Could be good fun. :)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 05:04:53 PM »
My faction would have to be composed of well-read roleplayers that like miniature games on the side.  They would be the dissenting view in almost every argument and lead to much mayhem.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2003, 05:50:50 PM »
So, would I get a faction? All I ever do is read through and laugh amusedly at everyone's posts.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 05:52:14 PM »
Sounds like a low-rent cyberpunk mirroring the classic "game of the gods" scenario. Cool.

My faction would be the holy warriors, granted power to smite you all with weak, clerical versions of my own admin functions. They would often squabble among themselves regarding my true nature, but in the end they all agree that my faithful will be rewarded.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 05:59:28 PM »
So, would I get a faction? All I ever do is read through and laugh amusedly at everyone's posts.

Your faction would try to argue against the rest of ours about whether it was better to observe or participate. They wouldn't do it very much though, and for that reason they'd avoid the worst horrors of the inevitable war.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 06:09:54 PM »
Given that Tage's followers would mainly sit back and watch, and given that they're likely to be the only ones to survive, they'll have to be the ones who record the epic struggle in songs and stories. Which means that no will ever hear about us, because there's no way he's doing that.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 06:20:05 PM »
CRAP! I'm finally going to do something epic and there's not going to be a bard around. We should move Sir Carl's account to TWG. That'd take care of it (though the final epic would probably be about how Sir Carl led all the factions against each other and slew dragons and rescued maidens while at it).

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 06:46:31 PM »
But it would all be completely true. Carl never makes stuff up.

Brian

• Level 10
  • Wisdom is the Pure Application of Knowledge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2003, 10:13:12 PM »
I don't think my Ego is big enough to warrant a faction.. besides I'm the new guy still, so its not likely I'll draw up much of a following.

I'd probably be the Eternal Outsider, trying to get his foot in the door with whichever faction happened to be kicking the most collective butt that day.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2003, 12:50:54 AM »
Would all the power factions have to be male?

I was just wondering. . . .   ::)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2003, 12:51:54 AM by Treyva »
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2003, 01:25:53 AM »
Yes...Yes they do
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2003, 06:51:29 PM »
My faction would just fight with everybody else a whole lot.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2003, 07:20:22 PM »
Miss. Darkness, don't be offended by Spriggans response. He hasn't had any relations with the opposite sex in a long, long time.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.