Author Topic: People that hang around game stores  (Read 9614 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: People that hang around game stores
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2003, 08:31:01 AM »
ok, that would explain it.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2003, 10:16:38 AM »
Stormies are, according to EU books, the "elite forces" of the empire. Regular bods all trained up. They have planetary forces which are apparently even worse (!). The clones got discontinued coz they had major genetic defeciencies. They went psycho basically. Plus, someone restarted the clone program in the EU, and they were different from the stormies. So no, the stormies are just brainwashed humans. The clones are genetically defective humans.

But, c'mon. It's not like the rebel troopers in the films were better. First scene - how the heck did any stormie make it through alive? That was a turkey shoot. And they missed!

Plus - how far apart are the stormie and orc? And what kind of orc? Urak - hai? Mordor orc? Urak-Hai beserker?  What weapon does the stormie have? E-11 Blaster? Repeating rifle?
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2003, 11:29:04 AM »
I don't know what EU stands for (Expanded Universe?) but since they're "books" i'm going to reveal a prejudice against such things and dismiss them as non-canonical.

Not that it has any impact whatsoever I have to say.

Which is:
Yeah, the rebels suck too, which is why Han Solo, Chewbacca, Leia, Lunk, Lando, and R2, with a little help from Biggs, Obi-wan and Yoda have to win the war by themselves. THe ability of the Empire to take the Blockade Runner at the beginning of ANH says a lot more about the incompetence of the rebels than the skillz of the Stormtroopers. (I mean, it's NAMED THE BLOCKADE RUNNER! and it can't get away from ONE ship? How's it going to run a blockade?)