Author Topic: School has comenced...  (Read 1153 times)

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
School has comenced...
« on: September 08, 2004, 10:38:29 PM »
So any of you childrens gat anything interesting to say about this new school year?
I have got some pretty fun classe but no fifth or sixth period so I get to go home at lunch, just wish the school was air-conditioned...
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
Re: School has comenced...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2004, 01:28:08 PM »
I was so jealous when they installed air conditioning at my school after I graduated. Now it'll happen again. The new building on campus where the humanities college is moving doesn't actually start holding classes until after I graduate.

Murphy's and all that.

So here's my confession: I'm taking a monstrous class load this semester so I can take Brandon's SF/F creative writing class next semester. The things I do to squeeze in a candy class.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2004, 02:24:52 PM »
Does this mean you'll stop talking so much TFO?
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2004, 05:19:21 PM »
only if you'll stop being so predictable and annoying by wanking all over reasonable threads
« Last Edit: September 12, 2004, 05:19:35 PM by arkalith »

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 08:52:07 PM »
In response to TFO's original question, I'm taking it easy this semester.  Only one class.  Just wait, TFO--you can do things like that when you get to college.  

As they say in the vernacular, 'it rocks.'
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2004, 08:55:44 PM »
   There is a new rule that forbids food or drink in any of the classes. Because of this they shut down most of the vending machines. Yeah for school improvement!
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 08:57:41 PM »
geez. what a bunch of whiners. You *have* vending machines. that's a big improvement over most high schools. Most schools never allowed food in class.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2004, 09:43:46 PM »
     Oh, sorry, I should have been more specific. This is actually an improvement since the rooms wont be filthy from so many slobs leaving food all over. But I am glad to see that you are so supportive SE.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2004, 09:46:00 PM »
Well, the idea here is that they shut down the vending machines during the day, and we can't eat or drink out side beverages for fear of alcohol or drugs being smuggled into the school.  The only vending machines on during the day are machines that sell water, for a dollar non the less.  Who would pay a dollar for water?!

Now here's where they get you.  Our school's well has a bacterial infection of sorts and we are not allowed to drink out of the drinking fountains, like at all.  They have some sort of water cooloers up, but most of those are empty by the end of the day.  Without the pop machines on and outside drinks we have to buy the schools water or not drink anything throughout the day.

As far as eating, even if you guys were or weren't allowed to eat in class, a lot of kids here eat lunch at about 2/3+ through the school day.  This means a lot of people are cramping on their own stomachs because they aren't allowed to eat anything as simple as an apple.

So while I, personally, think this is an improvement, I think we should at least have some water during the day.  And fruit should be allowed, simply because I have gotten used to the habbit of munching on an apple or something by third hour.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2004, 10:33:17 PM »
you may only have one class but Eoul, but I have all my periods before lunch so I come into school at seven and leave at 11:45, and I feel dont feelsorry for those punks who have to stay till three... except for punks like adrianna, morgane, and jennifer who think I'm a cute art student, they're cool.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2004, 01:24:57 AM »
/me points to the post above and says in a Ralph Wiggum voice

"Me fail english,... thats unpossible."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 01:25:38 AM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2004, 08:50:39 PM »
umpossible isnt a word jeffe, you're thinking of impossablistic...jeeze...
« Last Edit: September 14, 2004, 08:51:28 PM by arkalith »