Local Authors > Writing Group

Creative Ways to Kill a Character

(1/7) > >>

Recovering_Cynic:
Hmm... Does anyone know of a compilation of interesting ways to kill off one of your characters?  If nobody has a link handy, we should start one of our own :)

RavenstarRHJF:
Do you mean the actual death itself, or the reason behind the death?

sortitus:
I know that one of my friend's favorites was having people fall into extra-big lottery number tumblers filled with razor blades. Apparently, that's how people store them (the razor blades and the tumblers) when they aren't in use. When multiple characters in a book die this way, one would expect other characters to get quite unhinged, but I'm told that it's a fairly mundane cause of death nowadays. ;)

Recovering_Cynic:
That is a very creative way of doing in a character, and creative is what I want.  Hmmm... what are some other creative ways?

Perhaps locking a character in a room filled with starving cats.  Only he doesn't know that they haven't been fed in days.  And then when he falls asleep...

RavenstarRHJF:
Powdered glass in their food.  Read that one once... more creative than poison, certainly.
Caught in a stampede while on a free Safari trip.
Ate a carnivorous plant's seed which then took root in the intestines.
Bored to death.
An enemy modified a laser pointer and shone it in their eyes, thus frying the brain.

I'm sure I'll come up with more.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version