Author Topic: Class help!  (Read 4976 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Class help!
« on: May 30, 2006, 06:02:06 PM »
So I'm wondering if anyone on TWG would like to help me out with my class projects?

I have a couple of surveys I need to have people fill out in the next week or so.

The first survey is for Utah county people. Since I'm in  a group of all women, it is about relationships. I wanted to do a  survey about racism between elves and dwarves, but they didn't think that was a real issue. Apparenlty, dating and marriage are the only things women scientists consider worth researching.

The second is a questionaire for married couples. I need both partners to aswer the questionaire. I promise it will bring marital bliss...or something.

Either questionaire takes about 10 minutes to complete.

Please help.  :'(
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
Re: Class help!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 06:40:04 PM »
You can send a survey to me, if you want. I'm married and living in Utah County (as of June 3 I will be, anyway). I might even get my husband to cooperate. If there is sufficient bribing.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 07:11:47 PM »
You know, 42, my wife and I would love to help you on this. Lets us know if we can help.

Also, if you are intended to get most of responses from people on TLE, you might want to consider a possible selection bias in your data.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:16:49 PM »
You know, 42, my wife and I would love to help you on this. Lets us know if we can help.

Also, if you are intended to get most of responses from people on TLE, you might want to consider a possible selection bias in your data.

I'm not worried about selection bias. I'm working in groups of 5 or more people and I doubt the others will come here. Also, my instructors realize that these projects will hardly constitute strong scientific research which usually takes years to accomplish. It is more of an exercise than anything else.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 07:27:01 PM »
I'm not in Utah county any more, but I am married, if you want to send the second one my way.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:44:39 AM »
I'm not in Utah county anymore, but my drivers license still is registered there if you want me to pretend I am.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2006, 12:44:52 AM by fuzzyoctopus »
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 05:35:00 AM »
I've sent surveys to Nessa, Brenna, and Fuzzy. Thanks for being willing to at least look at this.

Fuzzy, I'm not sure if the email I used is one you are still using. Let me know if you get the surveys.

I can still use more participants. I need to get a reasonable sample size for this project. I don't even care if people lie about things on these surveys (it's actually kind of expected).

Lost One, I'm waiting for crunch time before I start imposing on family members. So be ready.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2006, 09:17:50 AM »
I am married, but not in Utah County. I think my wife would go for anything that is about relationships.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 09:22:05 AM »
The marriage questionnaire is for anyone who is married.

It's the other survey that is for Utah County people.

I have 2 projects that I need volunteers for.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 01:38:43 PM »
sure if the email I used is one you are still using. Let me know if you get the surveys.

Yep, I got it ok.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 01:38:43 PM »
Send me whatever you've got.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 05:25:39 PM »
I'll take one.. but I am in Davis County.

But, for the record, it's not a matter of racism, it's just that dwarves really are better.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 11:36:45 PM »
Okay, I got lazy. I just sent off some more surveys to 1st Mate, SE, and Fell.

Thanks

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 12:41:44 AM »
We are CA residents, but we might be willing to do the 2nd survey. If we like what we see when we start reading it.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 01:09:56 AM »
Thanks to all those who have participated.

In about a week I can give results to anyone who is interested. I doubt we will find out anything Earth-shattering.