Author Topic: MileHiCon  (Read 1352 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
MileHiCon
« on: October 26, 2004, 08:48:15 AM »
So I've returned from spending the weekend at MileHiCon in Denver. My being there was kind of a spontaneous fluke, but the it's actually a rather cool little con. Well, I estimate there were about 1800 people attending, I think that's still a small con.

Anyways, it helped me feel better about having lost my computer. Just haw can you feel bad when you walk by the hotel bar at 10 pm and see Kevin J Anderson talking with a bunch of Klingons?

And any con where they provide food for the attendees as part of their registration is good. When there are like 12 or so different things happening at once, who has time to go out to eat?

I'll post more later.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2004, 08:49:01 AM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: MileHiCon
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 03:18:52 PM »
Worldcon had food in the con suite, but it wasn't real food.

And you lost your computer? A laptop? I would be freaking out.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 03:28:56 PM »
I lost my laptop

well. not so much lost as it doesn't work worth a crap anymore. I suppose I could buy 10 batteries every day to use it, but that's a bit over the edge, don't you think?

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 11:01:49 PM »
I'm losing my desktop computer. Right now I can only start it in safe mode and the files on my harddrive keep dissappearing.

I've ordered a new laptop.

The food in the con-suite was okay. It was mostly Taco Bell and Pizza Hut and a lot of soda.

What surpirsed me most was that they had about 80+ working professionals attending. There were 80 or so listed and then a lot more in attendence. It was kind of wierd attending some of the panels and being the only person without a novel currently on the market.

What bugged me was the amount of political campaigning that happened. I know that Colorado is a major swing state, but does that mean that you have to tout your choices for the election at every panel you are on? Bob Eggleton was the worse offender of this. It made me think that he came to the con just to try and influence the vote in CO.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2004, 03:29:01 AM »
I would die.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!