Author Topic: Free Auto Assault Beta  (Read 1489 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Free Auto Assault Beta
« on: March 14, 2006, 01:18:10 PM »
I just got this press release from NCsoft:

Auto AssaultĀ® takes a bold step away from traditional fantasy-based online role-playing games. Where other games feature elves, swords and sorcery, Auto AssaultĀ® is all about Mutants, chain guns and tricked-out, high-powered vehicles. You’re a road warrior - horsepower and firepower are what really count as you take your place as a survivor of a post-apocalyptic Earth.

Auto AssaultĀ® features:

Destruction: The Havok™ 2 physics engine lets you destroy buildings, level towns and send enemy foot-soldiers flying through the air!
Speed: Other MMORPGs are left in the dust! Combat, travel, finding a group…everything is designed to get you into action fast
Customization: Choose your vehicle and swap out weapons, armor and more for looks and performance
Power: Choose incredible skills and powers as you level up and become a member of the road warrior elite
Combat: Take on other players – skirmish on the highways, group together for massive outpost raids or enter the Arenas
Loot: No two loot items are the same! You’ll always be on the hunt for that perfect gun, engine, armor and more to add to your unique vehicle
Create: Repair and back-engineer guns, engines and more to equip your own vehicle or sell to others.

To sign up for your place in this - the fastest, most destructive MMORPG ever – simply click here: https://secure.plaync.com/cgi-bin/free_trial.pl?partner=7

We’ll send you your own serial code key that is valid from Friday, March 17th at 4pm (EST) through Tuesday, March 21st at 3am (EST).

I've been looking at this game for a while, so I'm all signed up. It looks pretty interesting.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Free Auto Assault Beta
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 02:25:54 PM »
They have a constructible card game a la Pirates of this already. The vehicles are much more complicated to assemble than Pirates ships are, and some pieces are interchangeable for customization. It's kinda cool.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 02:28:52 PM »
They do? Who makes it?
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 02:48:04 PM »
oh, now you're going to make me try and remember something. I don't remember. Jeffe bought two and gave one to me.

My main thing I didn't like was that several parts, which were printed on both sides (in fact, most of them) could have had a black side with an identifying part number. Many of the parts have stylized differences from car to car, they serve the exact function and thus don't match the instructions exactly.

Now that I'm reading the announcement closely, this is probably an independent concept. For while it's the post-apocalyptic road warrior sort of thing, the table top/card version features cars driven by elves and demons and dragons. Pretty much everything else sounds like they're simulating the same thing.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 03:27:57 PM »
they sell the game at Dragon's Keep Fell.

As for Auto Assault, an old roommate of mine is an artist for the game.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 05:41:33 PM »
Jeffe reminds me that the card game is called Racer Knights

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 06:47:34 PM »
Aha--so it isn't the same property, just a similar one.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »
Weird. That first sentence had me all set up to think that this would be a fantasy based mmorpg.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.