Author Topic: 3-9-09 maxonennis  (Read 1348 times)

maxonennis

• Level 8
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
3-9-09 maxonennis
« on: March 09, 2009, 04:21:39 PM »
I just sent out an email without the attachment, all comments are welcome. I'll try again in a few minutes. But any hoo, this is were the critiques go.
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

Frog

• Level 13
  • "Have a popover, Froggie!"
    • View Profile
Re: 3-9-09 maxonennis
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 07:49:23 PM »
Another fun scene. I really like the character interaction. Their obviously childlike behavior makes it very believable and I am interested in learning more about this society.  The thing that bothers me most is still the 'tongues' and the footnotes. With the 'tongues' I think it is because we don't know if An'Nainin understands it until the end and it is awkward since it is supposed to be first person/An'Nainin telling the story. And the footnotes just bug me because it is a lot of scrolling around and I would like the definition right away (because I am impatient like that). I still want to assign them all genders, but hey, I assign genders to inanimate objects all the time....

It was a pretty short scene, but here are some small things I noticed while reading:
"Hogosha held a finger to her mouth, and I got the hint that the creature wanted me to stay quite."

""I was just making a statement. I thought it looked odd, and told him so."

"The Taii went from one of the Umareta Bakari to the next calling out agriculture, Soumon, or Gunjiteki for each."
You mean Nougyou, right?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 02:13:41 PM by Frog »
I've already conquered the world. This is exactly the way I want it.

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 07:54:41 PM »
Yeah, as the doc was title "Stuff I plan to delete". There are a lot of inconsistencies that need to be cleaned up, but I'm probably not going to do that until I feel I have a story.
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”

Necroben

• Level 14
  • What use the ability to read if one never uses it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »
I'm sorry to say that I didn't get it. :-\
I don't suffer from insanity...  I enjoy every minuet of it!

It's ok to be strange, as long as it's on paper. :)