Author Topic: Call for Happy Things, again.  (Read 41148 times)

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
Re: Call for Happy Things, again.
« Reply #360 on: December 07, 2005, 02:34:55 AM »
My clutch works again! Yay! My brother was able to bleed the clutch after all, the $30-50 job that the shops wouldn't do for me without wanting to charge me $850 more for all this other work (which will need to be done eventually, but it can hold off till I save up a little money). So I didn't even have to pay anything at all! (Though I should think of some really nice thing to do for my brother.)

Plus, my friend Sallyann invited me to her house for Christmas. So, if my car holds up and is able to make the trip, I'll be spending Christmas with her really large family in Idaho, which is much, much better than spending it alone.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: December 07, 2005, 04:19:56 PM »
I'm happy because even though Denver high today is 8 degrees, my wife and I were able to drop our oldest son off at pre-school and go to the gym, put the baby in childcare, and then sit in the hot tub for almost an hour. Hot tubs are so nice on cold, winter days.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: December 07, 2005, 09:05:07 PM »

I did the same for CW in High School. Wrote a sprawling 30 page epic for a 7 page assignment. Fortunatly, the teacher thought it was brilliant.

It's things like that that let me know that I'm on the right track for a profession. Sadly I was unable to print my story because my printer is broken and it wouldn't leave the floppy at the school computer lab, so I had to e-mail it to myself. I shall turn it in tomorrow.  :)
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: December 07, 2005, 10:34:03 PM »
I'm starting to think that maybe I should keep a running tab on these sorts of things. Here's today's installment of the "Further Adventures of Sci-Fi Mom":

I went to go pick up my boys yesterday and was surprised by Runaway and Bubba. It seems that both had found a pink highlighter and had decided to put warpaint on their faces. Or so their dad said. Runaway had several lines around his face and a large circle around his right eye. Bubba had little marks all over his face. It was a Kodak moment, especially with Runaway's explanation:
When I asked Runaway why he'd done it, he said he wanted to look like a zombie and promptly started to shuffle across the room moaning. Well, I couldn't resist. Trying hard not to laugh, I told him that zombies don't moan. They say "Brains!" and eat people's brains. His reply was "Well, I say this," and went back to moaning and shuffling across the room. He was a very determined 5-year-old zombie.

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #364 on: December 07, 2005, 10:45:08 PM »
That is so fun. Reminds me of the time when my sister was a mime... for the entire summer.

Brenna

• Level 14
  • Hey! Where'd the world go?
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: December 09, 2005, 01:54:11 AM »
I'm happy because Ms. Fish is coming to play with me tomorrow. :)

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: December 09, 2005, 02:14:51 AM »
I wanna play too! But . . . I have to go to work. Silly job.

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: December 09, 2005, 03:55:55 PM »
I'm happy cause we had a salsa competition at work today and I won. Sure there were only two entries, but everyone was raving about how good it was and even though I brought a gallon of it, it was gone in a half hour. Plus, for winning I got a $25 gift certificate to Chili's. Free food makes me very happy!

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 09, 2005, 05:58:05 PM »
Im happy cause I just got a whole lotta game PDFs for stuff thats out of print!!! Yay

Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 09, 2005, 06:26:43 PM »
Whoo-hoo! My DVD set of Batman the Animated Adventures Vol 4 came this week from Amazon, even though the est. delivery wasn't until the 19th! Cool. Now I can take it home to UT with me. :D
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #370 on: December 10, 2005, 04:32:02 PM »
Whoo-hoo! My DVD set of Batman the Animated Adventures Vol 4 came this week from Amazon, even though the est. delivery wasn't until the 19th! Cool. Now I can take it home to UT with me. :D

I've only got the first.

though I am the proud new owner of a 300g external hardrive that I got for $170 off ebay instead of $350 at CompUSA.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 10, 2005, 04:57:10 PM »
*Nice!* I only have this dinky 256mb one.
Oh, and I love your new avatar (don't you just love Mark Hamill as the Joker in the animated series? Ah, the happy childhood memories...).
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #372 on: December 10, 2005, 05:11:46 PM »
Yep, he's the perfect Joker.  Sad thing is as long as "The Batman" is on Kids WB he can't be the Joker anymore since WB has barred any batman villains from showing up on Justice League anymore.

Apprently they don't want to confuse people by having 2 different versions of the characters out there.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 10, 2005, 08:30:22 PM »
cause why would they want to give kids any chance to think at all?
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #374 on: December 10, 2005, 09:12:41 PM »
It's all about brand management these days...
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing