Departments > Movies and TV

Inception (Potential Spoilers)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Nessa:
Yes, it was pretty good. Certainly a mind-twister like Momento. The husband wanted to compare it to the Matrix (a favorite of his), since it makes you question what's real and etc.

What do you guys think?

Bookstore Guy:
I can see a little of that comparison, though I think I liked it better than the first Matrix (which I am actually a huge fan of).  To me it was more of an SF Ocean's Eleven (again, a movie I love).  It was a smart movie that, to me, was very easy to follow (which my wife appreciated, causing her to love it).

Can't wait until it is on blu-ray.  It will look so good on a nice TV.

WriterDan:
I thought it was completely awesome.  The only bit that didn't really mesh for me was the time differences between each dream level and how long everything they were doing on each level was taking to finish.  I was totally chomping on the reality bit though.  Loved the way they handled that part of the story.  And the ending was killer, as mentioned by Peter.  I'm wondering how many shows there were where the audience didn't all gasp when the screen went black.  MAN.  Great show.  Go see it peoples.

sortitus:
I saw it tonight, and it was good. There was an audible response from the audience at the end in my showing too.

I went in without seeing any promo other than "OMG!" tweets and this thread title, which definitely enhanced the experience. I'm not sure that I've ever seen another movie without any clue as to its content. It was different and fun and a little disorienting at the start. I agree that some things didn't make sense, and some ideas certainly could and should have been taken further.

The end? I think it was meant to be a reinforcement of a previous indication of ambiguity that many viewers may have overlooked, not a reveal. It's hard to say much without spoilers, and I can't ever remember the spoiler workaround when I need it.

Chaos:
Sort, I added a spoiler tag, so now we can discuss the ending.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version